2001 Excursion V10, cruise control stopped working - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2006, 11:00   #1 (permalink)

confused 2001 Excursion V10, cruise control stopped working

My cruise control went out on my Ford 2001 Excursion Limited V10 model, I understand this is an ongoing problem with most Ford trucks. I just had the recall 05S28 for the cruise control sensor installed but this did not fix the problem. Any trouble shooting ideas? Has anyone repaired this, or am I stuck with the dealer price for repair?

Thanks,
Jody
jodyhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2006, 13:36   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: 2001 Excursion V10, cruise control stopped working

Enter the Self-Test Diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, making sure the engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. FIVE ADDITIONAL FLASHES AT THIS POINT INDICATE A DEFECTIVE SPEED CONTROL SERVO. Release the OFF switch.
Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST and SET/ACCEL.
If the "ON" switch is not depressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostic mode, the module times out and the procedure must be started over.
The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
NOTE: There will be a slight delay when the last button is pressed and the lamp flashes.

A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the STATIC test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:

Flashes Source
2 Flashes BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped) is defective
3 Flashes Deactivator switch is open or circuit defective
4 Flashes Vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective

How's that?
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 19:07   #3 (permalink)

I entered the self test diagnostics as you suggested. While I held down the "Off" switch the "cruise" light continued to flash every second, I counted up to nine times then stopped, I thought I messed up tried again and it flashed 10 times. I tried the om, resume, coast, and set/accel and nothing happened, no "cruise" blinking.

Does this mean my speed control servo is out? If so where is this located? Is this a doit-yourself type of job?

Thanks,
Jody
Old 08-16-2006, 19:43   #4 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

The switches in the steering wheel may be the culprit.

If you take it to a Ford Dealer, they can hook up the computer and monitor the data from the buttons letting the tech know if a button is not working. This will cost you a diagnostic fee plus the repair if you agree to let them do it.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:23   #5 (permalink)

I hate going to the dealer but it looks like I have no other choice.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2006, 19:00   #6 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:58   #7 (permalink)

When your cc module is failty which occures quit often, not only by ford but also by audi BMW etc, you can let them get repaired visit

Cruise control module amplifier defect? 5GA 004 397 ... or 83.601 or ... www.tempomat.speedlinq.nl

for more info.
sqwert.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU