Ford Forums banner

87 f250 connector pin question

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
im restoring my 87 f-250 and i want to make a new wire harness for it but i cant seem to find a kit with just the pins in it so that i can just replace the pins and wire and reuse the plastic parts. dose anyone know if someone makes a kit like that? i was also thinking about just replacing most of the connectors with weather pack connectors because alot of the terminals are all corroded and i feel the weather packs might protect a little better. what do you all think?
thanks
tom

#2 ·
That's going to cost a fortune!! I'm sure you could track down individual pins and packages of them. Problem is quantity. That's a lot of wires and different size, style pins. If you are serious about replacing all the pins maybe try local ford dealer. We have pin repair kits just not sure if we go back that far.

#6 ·
Most of the connectors can be replaced with pigtails. I recommend soldering them over crimps, then heat shrinking them. Crimps will corrode and have you twice as bad a few years down the road. Invest in some dielectric grease and coat the pins, that way it will be less likely to corrode in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.