Ford Forums banner

Adding rear power windows into EF Futura

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  back2thefutura 
#1 ·
EFFalcon you should be able to tell me what i need to know, do I need a higher BEM to enable rear power windows in a Futura? I was under the impression all I'd need would be the switches, actuators and the wiring, as well as the 4 button part for the center console, and something to plug up the holes where the winders are. Is that right, or am I missing something?

Cheers.

#3 ·
dont know why it didnt come that way, i guess they wanted to save it for fairmonts etc.

Anyway, from what i can gather all you need is the wiring, the new switches + switch panel, and something to fill the holes where the winders go. Im pretty sure yuo dont need a new BEM or anything.

#4 ·
exactly.

BEM is completely unrelated, aslong as u use the same power as the fronts use, you'll get the same ability as the front.

i'm still using my GLi BEM as the wiring is direct from battery :p

all the BEM does is supply the power to the power windows and basically allow them to be used for a certain amount of time after the car has been turned off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.