air con problems - leaks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2003, 00:08   #1 (permalink)
Ford Nut

air con problems - leaks

has anyone here had any leaks in thier Eas air con system. mine has a slow leak somewhere, dont know where yet.

i was wondering where your leaks were so that i can get a rough idea of where mine might be.

can you still get regassed using fr12 or is it illegal these days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2003, 06:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: air con problems - leaks

I'm assuming fr12 is the old original gas? If you still find some which is unlikely go for it cause the system wont work quite as well with the new stuff.
Its more likely you'll need to use the new CFC free stuff, just dont let anyone rip you off saying you need a retro refit etc... All you need is a new reciever/dryer (the canister with the little window on the top) and fill it with the new gas.
As for the leak, could be anywhere, but its easy to find when your getting the regas.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 05:17   #3 (permalink)

i have ea spak, i had a leak in my air-con.it was under the dash on the passenger side. it was a really slow leak.i just put some stop leak stuff in the coolant and it hasnt leaked since done the trick.

catch ya]
EA_SPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 15:56   #4 (permalink)
FPV Tasmania Member

well i had a EA spak, and a EB spak, both had leaks on the evaporator coils (ie in the dasboard) Definited dont recoment EA_SPAK idea of putting stop leak in the sysyem THis is my industry, Freon 12 is rrare as hens teeth these days, but it is not illegial to use, as long as used by a person with the right accreditation. R134a (new gas) is not quite as efficent a refrigerant as R12, but will still work ok. Best of luck, but both of my Spaks, the dash had to come out, and that job sucks
Old 07-17-2003, 23:04   #5 (permalink)
Ford Nut

im goin to get it fixed on monday. the bloke said he will put r12 ($165)into it to save me the cost of the conversion.

hes gonna charge $25 to find the leak using a dye.

Last edited by EA falcon man; 07-17-2003 at 23:07.
EA falcon man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU