Air Conditioning - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 01:55   #1 (permalink)

Air Conditioning

My Ford Falcon Ef futura has airconditioning but it doesent cool, when i put the air conditioning on i hear a hiss noize as if a gas is being compressed then the air that comes out of the vents are slightly warmer than room temprature, when i press the A/C MAX or the A/C button i hear a click come from the engin and fans start running but the air that comes out is warm.

i was told that the air compresser would not even start if it had no gas in it so would this meen that there would be some other problem with the valvs or something, this only started happening when i first started useing the heater. The swich that changes the functions also seems to be a bit wacky.

what should i do about this?
bazz's futura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2006, 03:38   #2 (permalink)

Re: Air Conditioning

actually my cars engin is now in seriose pain, in that its welsh plugs and gasket have been caroded away and ford quoted me (if i heard corectly, which i am hopeing i didnt) $12,000.00 to get it fixed so i dont know if it is worth getting the car fixed. it hasent started leaking into my engin yet but it is makeing a mess of the engin compartment, I hope my next falon lasts me more than 5 Months. (i have also got a quote from a macanic and thay quoted me around 1000 but i am woried about the warenty)
Old 07-14-2006, 05:45   #3 (permalink)

G'day,
a grand is about right for a head gasket and welch plugs.
What warranty? you mean the extended warranty you paid extra for when you bought the car??? Read it properly....well ya must have , because head gaskets, seals (welch plugs are a seal) etc are not covered....actually very little is covered....these warranties are worthless really.

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:01   #4 (permalink)

i bought the car privatly so it didnt only came with warenty on the tinting and stuff but i decided to replace the welsh plugs myself (after looking at them thay arnt to hard to get at. if the head is leaking i will replace the head gasket but i have been told that there is no need to have the head machiened. but one thing i have decided is to get it serviced at ford from now on.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:35   #5 (permalink)

Look at the last line of your previous post.

you state you are worried about warranty.

Your latest post, you state your going to get it serviced at ford from now on......you have to be a white collar!

Just remember when you replace the headgasket to 1) buy new head bolts 2) use a degree gauge 3)get the head linished 4)make sure everything is spotless!!!

Cheers
Jas
Old 07-22-2006, 19:17   #6 (permalink)

i say i am going to get it serviced from ford from now on more so now then ever befor because i have had it in at a mecanic getting serviced and i thay didnt pick up that there was water comeimg out of the engin, now yesterday i went over to my brother in laws and we replaced the welsh plugs ( fun job) we found that the air intake system was not assempaled properly (there is a rubber tube going to te air intake manafold) it was sucking in outside air without going through the air filter, i am not pointing any fingers at who did this but i wasent happy about it,

with the warenty i was meening that the warenty on the work i need done on the head,

i found that a large portion of the water was comeing from the head (when i pulled the exaust manifuld off so we re tentioned the head if it keeps leaking we will have to do the steps you have just mentioned in your last post, but i am hopeing for it not to go that far

Thanks for your help

Barry
Old 07-23-2006, 06:49   #7 (permalink)

I'd be interested to see the result of retensioning.
Given i know it SHOULDN'T be done, and the head gasket on mine appears to have failed after 35,000km with everything being done right (full engine rebuild)

Cheers
Jas
Old 07-24-2006, 06:06   #8 (permalink)

i am going to take the head off the car and have it sent in to an mecanical enginear that i know of and thay quoted no more than $500 to get the head compleatly re-done what does an engin rebuild consist of?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:41   #9 (permalink)

does anyone know what the purpose of a knocker sensor is? because mine is broken and ford dont make them anymore.
Old 08-03-2006, 13:29   #10 (permalink)

biggrin Re: Air Conditioning

Your car has knockers? Post a photo .
David Ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU