Air selector switch don't work! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2002, 21:43   #1 (permalink)

cool Air selector switch don't work!

Okidoki....when I switch between face, feet, both ect it doesn't work. It seems to be stuck on vent out to windscreen. Now it USED to work, before I put in the bigger engine. I have been told that this runs via rubber hosing system in the dash, and if one disconnects, then the system just doesn't work.

ALSO, my air con doesn't work anymore. It's full of gas, no leaks, but just doesn't want to turn on. There is .5 volts coming out of the switch, I'm presuming that's F all to turn on the pump. However, when I attach the pump to the battery it gets damn frosty inside. Does that have something to do with my air selector switch not working, or something else?

http://www.hoon.tk
Ford XE Green n Gold 4.1L IL6 Nitrous Assisted. Best time to date: 14.338 @ 98MPH
Mazda 626 Faded Blue 2L IL4 NA Diesel!
Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2002, 22:40   #2 (permalink)

You will have a vacuum leak. Just a matter of tracking it down and fixing it. When you put the new motor in, did you note where all the vacuum pipes went?? Cause you will need to hook them all back up, in the correct way.

I would say the air con switch is just a coincidence. Sounds like the switch could be deffective. Did you check to see how many volts is coming into the switch?? You could have simply blown a fuse!!

I should also ask what car this is in... :dead:
Old 09-19-2002, 01:57   #3 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Hoon check the back of the inlet manifold for a vacuum pipe that has come adrift.

Cheers
Kerry
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 14:57   #4 (permalink)

OH YOUR GOD THERE ARE SO MANY PIPES! Seriously, there are a heap of em! Seems to have one missing, god question is, where the hell did it go to and where did it come from?

Anyone know if Ford released a manual with diagram for all these hoses and pipes? It'd be great to get my hands on one.

And the voltage coming out of the air con switch was only .5V, which definatly isn't enough to turn on the compressor. Not too sure about the fuse part, everything looks ok...maybe the wiring in that area needs to be replaced?

Something to look forward to this weekend!

Ford XE Green n Gold 4.1L IL6 Nitrous Assisted. Best time to date: 14.338 @ 98MPH
Old 09-19-2002, 17:18   #5 (permalink)

will the a/c compressor start if you wire +12v straight into the switch?

And wat car is this happening to you in?
Old 09-19-2002, 18:16   #6 (permalink)

This is all happening in my XE. And yep, AC starts up when I put a lead from battery to the AC unit. (Not really a good idea doing that though...)

Old 09-22-2002, 15:56   #7 (permalink)

Thanks all, I got the air selector switch fixed, via the intake piping. Also got a new switch fitted for the air con but now....dah dah DAAAAAHHHH it's out of friggin GAS! I had it filled out 2 months ago, and it's got a leak. Damn.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU