Au 2 XR8 Interior dress up info - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2003, 03:25   #1 (permalink)
XR82GO

Au 2 XR8 Interior dress up info

Ok guys Im looking for some factory stuff to dress up the interior of my AU2 XR8 ute.

1) Ba Scuff plates Got them about $35 with plates and inserts
2) Chrome T-series/Fairmont interior door handles Got them
Part numbers. ERF22600B & ERF22601B $28 each
3) Chrome Fairmont tbar auto surrond Have it on order $7

I am interested to know if you can take just the chrome tbar button of an AU fairmont or if you have to buy the whole gear knob.

And the same for the chrome button thats on the handbrake lever

Also does anyone know of any other little bits you can take off the other models that look sweet. Pics are worth 1000 words

The pic attached below shows the chrome Tbar surround and button /the handbrake button

Last edited by sylox; 11-27-2003 at 00:55.
sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2003, 00:58   #2 (permalink)
XR82GO

Re: Au 2 XR8 Interior dress up info

Come on surely some one out there has some other ideas??????

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 21:02   #3 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

ummm you probably already have the momo wheel... those door handles have come down in price!

other then that...
maybe change the colours of your speedo/dash lights
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:35   #4 (permalink)
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)

I wanna get some of the power window buttons with the illuminated arrows on 'em. Also the Momo gear knob (dunno if that comes with a chrome button already) and maybe the leather hand brake lever from a Fairmont and also maybe the leather console-box lid. Thinking about painting that trim/insert in the dash just above the passenger air bag spot (maybe in brushed alloy colour). Also thinking that Fairlanes had cloth-covered sun-visors which might be nice. Apart from that you already have most of my other ideas (except to convert my car to ESS, which includes the different T-bar trim with the mode button etc. and Momo steering wheel with the buttons.)

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:48   #5 (permalink)

Oh yeah, I'm also gonna fit an antenna-half-height switch.
Old 12-08-2003, 14:11   #6 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

I'd love one of those switches, can you give details o how you do this steve!!!

Sylox, just pick a colour scheme and run with it, outside, inside where ever. The handbrakes on the fairmonts are a little bit different due to them being leather, the button is actually a little bit smaller than the standard one because it has to slide into a plastic sleave that holds the leather around the end!!!! (from Memory)

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 18:39   #7 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

I've looked into putting the illuminated power window switch's in mine as the HP model only has front power windows like the utes.

However after pulling apart the high series window switch's i found the wiring to be different and the switch's cannot be swapped. I'd love to have the high series switch as it has the auto down feature.

Cheers,
Gary.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 08:00   #8 (permalink)

TwinPiston: Here's the deal (note: this is an unproven theory as of yet, but I'm pretty confident. Still - try at your own risk at this stage :) ...

The mid-series cars (like XR's) and high-series cars (like Fairmonts - with the switch) share the same BEM, the mid-series just don't make use of all it's featues, so basically the BEM should already have the half-height function - it's just a matter of connecting the switch to it. The half-height mode is activated when pin B19 of the BEM is shorted to ground. So you simply need to connect a wire from the pin on the BEM to one side of the switch, then from the other side of the switch to earth - simple! :)

I'm gonna test this first just by shorting the pin to earth manually and see if it works, then I'll buy the switch. I was thinking I'd either...

A) Replace the centre (eustuceon - {SPELLING?!?!]) panel of the dash with one from a LPG model or a column shift ute, then I could place the button where the ECON or LPG switches would usually go (to the right of the centre air vents), or...

B) Put the switch where my door-lock switch currently is, and relocate the lock switch (which is a good thing to do for security purposes anyway).

I'll let you know when I figure out more (like which pin is B19! ;-)

XR_Strider_Guy: I really gotta get to bed right now as it's a long day at work for me tomorrow :) - but I'd like to discuss this more with you, as according to my workshop manual with the circuit diags of switches etc. it can be done. I'll post more info tomorrow...

Later.

Last edited by Steve_T; 12-19-2003 at 02:53. Reason: BEM pin number I listed was wrong
Old 12-11-2003, 05:56   #9 (permalink)

OK, to follow up on those switches...

According to the schematics in the manual, the wiring should all be compatible. The passenger side should be no prob (except the extra terminal(s) for the bulb). As for drivers side, the switch assy appears to be a single unit with all 5 switches contained in it, so you'd end up with 2 extra switches plus a rear window lock switch which would be redundant (until you upgrade your rear windows to power :) but assuming this is ok... The circuitry in the switches looks totally compatible the way I read it. The pinouts may be different, so you may have to swap some wires around in the multi-plug (or pull the plug off and use individual spades), but it should work. The only way I can figure the auto-down, is that is must be a fundtion of the actual switch itself (?) - maybe controlled by a bi-metal contact strip which locks down until heat from the current overload when the motor stops releases it - do you know if this is how it works? If so, then you should also have that function with no probs.

You've obviously pulled the switch apart, so you'd have a better idea than me, this is just what I figure from circuit diags. in the Ford AU2 service manual. It'd be great if we can figure out a way this can be done.

Whaddya reckon?
Old 12-11-2003, 19:54   #10 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

Is it strange that I have the lights in my XR8 yet my bro in an XR8 of 2 months different build hasn't!!!

I will look into this pin situation as well, thanks steve.

AUII XR8 (200kw), Silhouette, Body Kit, Hawk Wing, 5 Speed man, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Genie Extractors, 3" exhaust with twin 3" tips, K & N filter with air scoop, Polished Inlet manifold, MAF & 70mm T/B, T series interior handles & Gear stick ring, Chequer plate, Momo Pedals.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU