Ford Forums banner

AU rear window demister woes

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AU dude 
#1 ·
I got an AU fairmont, and it seems the rear demister isn't working, when turned on the icon on the dash lights but little difference is seen on the rear window.
Any ideas on the cause? or where the wires connect to it? and if any have a wire diagram of this that may help as well, I don't want to replace it unless there is no choice, any ideas or help will be appreciated.
thanks to one and all!
:hy:

#2 ·
well i knocked the little tab of the window when replacing a faulty rear seat beat. so i got a special adhesive conductive glue that is for gluing a demister tab on that cost $30. it still doesnt work, so i need to check where it earths to but im not sure wat side its on, im gonna have another look at it tomorrow, i'll let u know how i go

matt

#4 ·
i tried that glue that i bought from auto bahn and it didnt work, so i cleaned up the contact points with some emery cloth, and soldered it on to the window. it was a bit tricky but i got it to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.