AU1 xr6 headlights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2003, 12:40   #1 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

AU1 xr6 headlights

I have a problem with the headlight mounting for my xr6;
the pressed metal frame around the light has holes drilled in it where pvc bushes? fit in (kind of like a balljoint) the rod connected to the bush is the adjustor for headlight aiming. My problem is that on passenger side headlight 2 of these pvc bushes has broken and fallen off resulting in wobbly headlight. Temporary fix is in place for now but i would like to replace these bushes.
Q1. Anyone else had this problem?
Q2. Can you buy the little bushes?
Q3. Can you remove headlight assembly without removing front bumper? (area where the bushes are is a bugger to get to; temporary fix took around 2 hrs!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2003, 12:53   #2 (permalink)

I havn't had that problem before, but how did it happen in the first place, did you have an accident or something?Gregory's or haynes manual would tell you how to go about dismantling it. Im sure the ford spares shop would have what your after.
am_bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 13:26   #3 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

no accident, noticed wobble while driving at night. While replacing globes noticed that it looked worn so i investigated and it fell off in three peices then while trying to temp fix problem broke the other one dammit!! they seem to have become brittle with age/heat perhaps i dont know. the space behind is where the airbox is so hopefully i can remove assembly on engine bay side to get to the bushes???? looks like it will be very time consuming.

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU