AUII XR computer modes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2001, 13:22   #1 (permalink)
cam

AUII XR computer modes

I've seen the VX Commodore trip computer mod, where you hold the MODE button and UP button while starting the car. Then pressing MODE several times brings "hidden" information such as instant fuel consumption, temperature of coolant and a whole lot of other data. Does the XR have a simlilar mode?

Thanks. Cam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2001, 13:40   #2 (permalink)
slim

yes!
but its not in the trip computer its in the odemeter(?) so works on all EF/EL's and AU too I would think and other models?

hold down the trip reset buttom on odemeter with ignition off. then turn ignition on/engine off and press the button three times quick than hold it on the third time and dont let it off till the display flashes.
now you are in the information mode and this will stay on for quite a while (like 200kms) and then a few days later while driving my dispay/guages all droped and died for a second and then its back to normal mode.

for the information display..
First one is litres in fuel tank, second one is water temp, third one is tacho and speedo.... etc etc

i think i told ya how to get it to work. if I told ya wrong someone will set ya straight.

sam
Old 11-13-2001, 14:38   #3 (permalink)
jase_elxr8

Well i tried it on my EL. All i got it to do was reset my trip meter!!!
Old 11-14-2001, 10:15   #4 (permalink)
Australian Member

I tried it myself with no success.
I looked up the factory service manual for the AU under instruments and there is nothing about this hidden information. All it tells you how to reset the trip meter and how to get rid of that service spanner.

Will
Black S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 13:15   #5 (permalink)
BLU

On my EF11 ex cop car if hold down the trip reset for about 20 seconds with ignition on you get to recalibrate the speedo,you can up or down on the speed reading till you get it spot on.handy for diff ratio swaps!Don't know about other readings you can get from it.

BLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 15:01   #6 (permalink)
elxr

Tried this, worked first go for me. Seems to be a fair bit info available although I can't quite work out some of them. Found Oil Pressure, Voltage, Water Temp, Revs, Fuel level (basically the same stuff as the instruments) but some of the others I'm not sure of.

Does anyone have a proper Falcon workshop manual, not a Gregorys or Haynes, but the proper Ford ones. They would most likely have the some info about this "hidden" feature

Thanks
Old 11-14-2001, 17:10   #7 (permalink)
Australian Member

Yes as I said, i've got a AU seris 1 Full Workshop manual. but found nothning about this hidden feature. Looked through the EEC and instruments section.

Will
Old 11-14-2001, 19:03   #8 (permalink)
Ford Member

hi guys
in this set up on ef to el falcons there are several menus there is also a liters per 100kilometers and there are a heapof engineering numbers which mean nothing to the average guy there is also a instant liters per 100 kms its basically the trip computer built into your cluster, the trip computer you buy over the counter and the one that comes standard on high series is just a display unit all the info is in your cluster
johnmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 19:06   #9 (permalink)
European Member

Tried it on my au2 xr6 and it only reset the trip same as jase_elxr8
sjwau2xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 19:13   #10 (permalink)
Australian Member

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone has found out anything else out the hidden information in the AU's cluster??

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU