Ford Forums banner

AUII XR8 Computer modes

12K views 75 replies 18 participants last post by  exodius 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to activate more information from the dash display, such as digital speed, tacho, coolant temp, fuel usage etc?
Thanks,
Cameron

#28 ·
geez, tuff one minge...

but I cant see why not. I take it your talking about AUII XR8?? Ive actually seen a xr falcon that had climate control fitted (ef i thnink) by ford. it was a bitza car used to test transmissions or something.

To fit climate control you would have to do the following:

Remove dash and fit blend door motor and electronic fan speed controller.

Replace heater controls with the climate control controller

Fit sunload sensor to top of dash
Fit ambient temp sensor to bumper
Replace evap sensor (but may possibly be the same)
Maybee a loom as well.

Not too sure about the ecu? maybe different to falcon?

Probably the best way to do it would be to get the whole system of a wrecked fairmont or fairlane......if you can find one.

If you are really interested in fitting it, i can look into it further. :s5

PS you could also fit the cool clock and woodgrains into the dash:s3

#31 ·
HSE2:

On ef /el's the trip computer will go striaght into GLi's. Ive done a couple and had no trouble. On ef and el's there a smartlock module instead of the body module as used on au's. So what i mean is that the smarlock ecu has nothing to do with fuel, distance etc...

Jase,

yeah your right. i shouldhave said to replace the heater box that is compatible with a blend door motor. Like i mentioned it would probably be easier to get all the bits out of a wreck. But i bet that would be hard to find!!:dead: :dead:

#32 ·
botch said:
HSE2:

On ef /el's the trip computer will go striaght into GLi's. Ive done a couple and had no trouble. On ef and el's there a smartlock module instead of the body module as used on au's. So what i mean is that the smarlock ecu has nothing to do with fuel, distance etc...

Ok mate. I always thought the EF series had three stages of BCM all of different colours. In Au that dropped back to two modules.

#33 ·
red, blue and green??? or something like that?

Im not realy sure of the differences in these modules (my guess would be updated ic's or something). Im pretty sure that they all have the same inputs and outputs so there shouldnt be much problems hooking trip comp up.....but you never know:eek:o1: :eek:o1: :eek:o1: :eek:o1:

#34 ·
Hi again fellows.
I know for a fact that the EL fairmont does support mulitple parameter displays within the Odometer.
Last week I was playing with the damn odometer button, trying to remove the 'tool bar' icon from the display as I had completed its service for that 10k interval. What appeared was what seemed to be almost 10 various functions relating to rpms etc.
I was also then able to disable this feature and bring back the original odometer reading.
I wish I knew what I did exactly because I cannot seem to enable them again. :(
I did play witht the odometer and the ignition switch though.

#36 ·
AussieFX said:
Hi again fellows.
I know for a fact that the EL fairmont does support mulitple parameter displays within the Odometer.
Last week I was playing with the damn odometer button, trying to remove the 'tool bar' icon from the display as I had completed its service for that 10k interval. What appeared was what seemed to be almost 10 various functions relating to rpms etc.
I was also then able to disable this feature and bring back the original odometer reading.
I wish I knew what I did exactly because I cannot seem to enable them again. :(
I did play witht the odometer and the ignition switch though.

SEE, AT LEAST SOMEONE BELIEVES ME:p :p :p :p :p

#40 ·
Well, after almost 3 months since removing the dash from the wifes EL fairmont, the blender motor is going strong.
Thanks again for the feedback buddy. !!!

BTW, I took this car into fords today to have them inspect some rust that is appearing mid way down the sill panel.
It seems to me that the rust has originated from inside this panel and spreading outwards.
The shop I then was told to take it to have quoted almost $1300 to replace the entire panel.
Let see what ford will do for me.
Excuse the off topic post.
Regards

#42 ·
The passenger side.
The rust is between the front and rear doors and about 2" down the sill panel.
The panel shop told me that the entire sill panel will need to be replaced to prevent future rust appearing and there appears
to be no prior body work in that region.
The dealership fellow mentioned to me that this model rarely rust in this area.
Any additional information you may have on this with the EL series?

#43 ·
AussieFX said:

BTW, I took this car into fords today to have them inspect some rust that is appearing mid way down the sill panel.
It seems to me that the rust has originated from inside this panel and spreading outwards.
The shop I then was told to take it to have quoted almost $1300 to replace the entire panel.
Let see what ford will do for me.
Excuse the off topic post.
Regards
Funny that too, i did exactly the same thing today. At the dealership i went too they called a smash repairers to come and give a quote. They told me they'd send the request to ford and ring me to to arrange a time to get it done, all under warranty. Rust in areas such as the sills is covered by the five year body corrosion warranty, so long as it has been looked after.

#44 ·
PROGRESS REPORT..

I had a bit of time on my hands at work and played around with the odometer button and the ignition.

RESULT = not so good.

I did, however make the odometer light up on an AUI after i turned the key off, then pressed and held the odom button for about 3 seconds :)))

Still looking for where I wrote it down. I know its somewhere and its really bugging me:dead: :dead: :dead:

#45 ·
I tried the different ways of changing the odometer o my AUII XR8 and all I did was reset the trip meter....

Has anyone had any success on AUIIs?

I would love to know how to do this

#46 ·
Extra cluster info

teza68 said:
I tried the different ways of changing the odometer o my AUII XR8 and all I did was reset the trip meter....

Has anyone had any success on AUIIs?

I would love to know how to do this
The gauge cluster engineers decided to that they didn't want the average guy on the street looking at these parameters and so they made it difficult to enter into that mode. They don't even tell other people in the company, though I have seen them do it and it involves a stopwatch, and about 10 timed pushes of the trip reset button.

The reason is that they are only used for calibration and development purposes and as such sometimes aren't calibrated exactly correct. Ford had some people claim warranty on previous models because these hidden numbers weren't perfect (even though the stuff you normally see was fine) so they decided to hide it. Pity really.

That's all I know about it.

#47 ·
Ok everyone, this is how it is done.... I know this works on my EL first time everytime.
Press and hold odometer reset and turn ignition on. Press odometer reset 3 times and hold until the fasten seatbelt light goes out then release the button.

The display will go blank then FORD starts flashing. You can then use the button to scroll information. Press and hold the button for a few seconds to exit and return to normal.

#49 ·
Jase_ELXR8, does this work on the GLi as well, or just cars that have a trip computer? Guess I could just try it, eh? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.