Ford Forums banner

BA seats into AU?

16K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  beaver429 
#1 ·
Id like to put some BA XR leather seats into my AU. I couldnt see why it couldn't be done. Only problem I could see is the loom for electric seat not plugging into anything. Might be an unviable task for that reason. I'd love to though the seats are so nice and suportive.

#3 ·
Yeah well I thought about it and yeah wiring wouldn't be the impossible part. I have to find out if the tracks and mouting holes are different. It it bolts up fine then it just might be another mod to add to the never ending mods list.

#9 ·
Don't sure whats the difference between the AU1 XR or AUII XR seats, but i find the XR seats in my car to be more hugging and bolstered than the BA. Though thats not to say the BA is bad.

Don't forget the BA seats weigh a tonne, to the point they need 2 people to fit them at the assembly line. I think you should go for something like the Herrod leather option and i can vouch they are very very comfortable.

#10 ·
I loved the feel of my XR seats too when I got the car - the passenger one is still great (doesn't get used much :) but my drivers one has lost all support on the right hand side (of the base) like the foam has just gone out of shape, and the adjustable linkages under the drivers seat have worn so the seat has heaps of slop in it, I even feel it clunk when I brake or accelerate hard etc.) I hate the unsupported feeling when cornering etc. as it feels like you've got soft suspension or a flat tyre or something. This is no doubt not helped by the fact I'm a big fat bugga, but I have to say I've never experienced such quick wear in other cars I've driven (hmmm, then again I've hardly driven any - ok, but still - I thought falcons had a rep for being good for bigger blokes etc. ;)

But if BA seats are real heavy, this can't be a real good thing either.

#11 ·
Steve_T said:
(doesn't get used much :) but my drivers one has lost all support on the right hand side (of the base) like the foam has just gone out of shape, and the adjustable linkages under the drivers seat have worn so the seat has heaps of slop in it, I even feel it clunk when I brake or accelerate hard etc.) I thought falcons had a rep for being good for bigger blokes etc. ;)

But if BA seats are real heavy, this can't be a real good thing either.
Yeah mate, i know what you mean about the drivers side cushion havign a tendancy to wear. Everytime i vaccum the car i always reshape it as best i can and for me it's holding up ok (though i'm only 78kg lol). I have been thinking of actually taking the seat apart and fitting new or add extra cushioning material. I think you can get the material from Clark rubber or the like. Another way i found that holds me better in the seat is to raise the front seat tilt so the seat is more at an angle.

#12 ·
insurance problems?
what kind of insurance probs would you have? assuming they're a straight replacement, i assume insurance would be fine with em if they're a legal fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.