BA Turning Lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2005, 01:59   #1 (permalink)

BA Turning Lights

Does anyone have the Circuit diagrams for the BA turning lights. I would like to see how hard it is to get them to turn on like fog lights.
Thanks
BAWITHLOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2005, 12:47   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Re: BA Turning Lights

Just did this a few weeks ago. Very simple to do. I just had to buy the lenses from Ford. They came with the bulbs already. I aleady had the instalation kit at home from some old lights I had. Maybe you could just buy yourself a cheap set of lights to get the wires, the relay and a switch. As for hooking up as fog lights just conect the remote wire to the parkers.
lukez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:31   #3 (permalink)

I have the lights and have increased the wattage. My problem is that I like the turning feature but want to be able to turn then both on when I want. The circuit is all there, I just need to know which wires/ relay to tap into.
Old 08-17-2005, 15:57   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

Cant quite help you there. My advise would be just to have them on all the time. In Victoria I have never had any worries with Police by having the lights on.
lukez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 22:50   #5 (permalink)

I was just hoping to save some time if someone could supply me the diagrams. I will just have to pull the car apart and trace the wires. I will get it the way I want, It will just take longer. I can do it on a plane ,so a car is just smaller!
Old 08-28-2005, 18:11   #6 (permalink)

Great, so you folk advocate switching on cornering lamps full time?! I've seen this on one Fairmont already and missed the chance to educate the dope.

Think of a white rear fog light effect or actually a torch-beam aligned at near approaching traffic and this the distracting effect your giving. Whilst the chances these days in Australia of being caught owing reduced police and inspector numbers, of getting caught with badly aligned or illegally wired lights is low, but that should not mean folk stuffing around with certified 'lights' is a go.

If you really want legal 'look at me lights', don't wire cornering lamps, or front fog lights - full time, but go fit a daytime running lamp kit from Narva or Hella, or choose a Hella dedicated daytime running lamp proper. See the online catalogues.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 16:08   #7 (permalink)

Keepleft,
I can tell by your reply that you do not own a BA with this option. However thank you for your point of veiw! You also sound like a person that adds aftermarket gear to their car and detract from a perfectly good design. I also think you missed my original concept of improvement on what is an approved ADR on most other vehicles with fog lights!
Enjoy,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU