Battery advice/suggestions ? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 14:46   #1 (permalink)
au2 forte

Question Battery advice/suggestions ?

Hi,
I've been told I need a new car battery. Ford mechanics have tested it and it puts out ~220 CCA, apparently it's meant to do ~430 CCA.

Just wondering if anyone could suggest any particular brands/models that you're happy with ? (an approx. price would be great as well (if possible) ).

Thanks in advance.
au2_xpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2003, 16:08   #2 (permalink)

Hi au2,

I have a mate that makes and sells his own batteries. He is in Essendon if you are anywhere near by.

You can get a Heavy Duty battery that has a minimum of 520 CCA from him for $100. I bought one off him 6 months ago, and that was the specs and price then.

He imports and puts all the batteries together by hand, and they are of realy high quality. Not the mass market stuff from big stores. Every one i send to him now swear by his batteries.

And I dont think anyone will be able to tell you where to get a quality 520 CCA battery from for $100.

If your interested let me know, will have to get the address for you. I know where it is, just not the exact address.
ARM79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 00:06   #3 (permalink)
au2 forte

ARM79 thanks for your reply. Essendon's a bit far for me and I needed the replacement asap, so I just ended up going for whatever the factory one was. Anyways, thanks again for the suggestion.
au2_xpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:22   #4 (permalink)

cool

I've had good results with the EXIDE EVOLUTION.Works well for around same price as a normal battery and has silver coated plates or something and has a 2 year warranty...

whoops,see you already got one...
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU