Bigger altenator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2005, 01:17   #1 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Bigger altenator

Hey Guys,

Im after a bigger altinator for my EF 6 - I think the standard one is a 110 Amp unit but after being on holidays for a week i came back and my battery was dead flat, I have a sizable stereo that draws approx 60 amp

the car had still been starting easily before my holidays, but will have to wait and see how it goes i think

anyway............... Has anyone got any ideas on who make upgraded altinators - I think there is a brand called revolution who make that sort of thing

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2005, 02:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bigger altenator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redGhia
Hey Guys,

Im after a bigger altinator for my EF 6 - I think the standard one is a 110 Amp unit but after being on holidays for a week i came back and my battery was dead flat, I have a sizable stereo that draws approx 60 amp

the car had still been starting easily before my holidays, but will have to wait and see how it goes i think

anyway............... Has anyone got any ideas on who make upgraded altinators - I think there is a brand called revolution who make that sort of thing

Go have the battery tested , 100 amps would power the world unless you are really greedy :_) ( what a .5 fared cap on the stero . )
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:39   #3 (permalink)
Movin on up!

Sounds more like a roo-ted battery to me.

If your alternator was not charging, then the charge light would come on and the charge guage would be low.

A cap on the stereo would not go astray, but 110 amps should be heaps.

If you desperately want your alternator improved (and want to waste your money), take it to Deerings or similar and get them to re-wind it.
Philaddis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:00   #4 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

was a new battery, my digital voltage block allways reads above 13v so maybe the battery is stuffed
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 19:53   #5 (permalink)
Fitted.....

the standard EF alt is way big enough if your stereo only draws 60amps..
On my EF fairmont, I had 3 batterys charging of the standard alt.. stereo was about 300~amps of current draw......
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU