Ford Forums banner

a bit o' EF wiring......

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Aussiblue 
#1 ·
Morning all,

just looking for some info on the fairmont aerial half height switch panel. Basically, what I want to do is switch my Futura's panel to a 3 button one (if 3 button ones exist, i think they might have on wagons?), and have one button as demister (standard), one for driving lights (so i can turn them on/off independent of headlights), and one for antenna height control.

So what I need to know is:

* Can the Futura support this configuration with its wiring - obviously the lights would have to be wired up, but can they be rigged to a switch and not connected to the main headlights at all? I know the aerial needs to be attached to something or other, and you have to add a resistor or something in, anyone got the wiring info on that?

*Anyone who has an EF Fairmont wagon, am i right in assuming you have 3 buttons on your panel? Fairmont Sedan has 2, one for aerial and one for demist, but if i remember right the wagon has one for the rear window wiper too?

Also, any info anyone has on wiring in the lights or the aerial would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

See less See more
#2 ·
i'd like info on the aeriel too, from what i heard yesterday, it was partly controlled (height wise) by the ecu??

#3 · (Edited)
Well that's a bugger, Im sure I read on fordmods or here or heard from someone who had done it that all you needed to do was wire the aerial into the switch, and the control module for the aerial itself comes with the aerial? I'll go and see the spare parts guys tomorrow and see what I can find out.

now that you've got your BA front on John, are you putting the aux. lights in, and if so are you going to do it like the BA's and have a seperate switch? If yuo do, can I get some info from you on how to do that?

#4 ·
i will be putting the aux lights in it, when i get my hands on the insert + lights :)
will experiment with the wiring and let you know.
if you can get some info on the 'control module' for the aeriel that'd be useful since i would need to go pinch it from Rmyers who now has the dash that it came from :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.