Bloody air con. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2004, 02:41   #1 (permalink)
{';'}

Bloody air con.

Okay, surely some of you other EA-ED (maybe EF-EL) owners have experienced the same problems with your air con.

I will cut to the chase: I get in my car today and it's a bit bloody hot. So naturally the window goes down and I switch on the air con - it was currently turned off (temp. switch was on cold and the button to choose where the cool air comes out of is set on the normal outlets - to the face).

Anyway, the air isn't coming out of where it says and instead is blowing onto the windows (demist setting). So I think to myself it is probably just not clicked in properly or something... So I try sliding it from feet, to face to window etc. but it still just remains blowing air onto the windows... Ahhh feck it! I can't get air blowing out onto my face!

What is the bloody problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2004, 02:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bloody air con.

I had a similar problem a few years ago. do u really want to know how much it cost!!!

na, i wont tell ya, well hopefully its not the same problem as i had!!!

well i cant find the reciept, but it was a few hundred dollars, and i had to get a new control panel for the aircon, as it wouldnt change where it came from when we used the slidey thing

I hope u dont have the same problem. mine problem was fixed through ford, so theres an arm and a leg. i no i have seen a million at the wreckers in brissie. if thats the problems, and u cant find one, let me know and i will get one for you

if you know someone with the same A/C setup, try and get their A/C Control Panel thing, and try it

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
13.822 @ 99.67MPH - Willowbank 05/08/2006
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:34   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Yeah my aircon is rooted.

A/C number one is stuffed, needs a regas.

A/C number two is almost gone, plays up when I put the driver's side window down. Reg is on it's last legs :(
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 03:54   #4 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Check the vacuum supply first, also that little cluster of multicoloured hoses behind the glove box. The functions are all vacuum controlled and this is the most common trouble.

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:37   #5 (permalink)
NA Fairlane 4.0i

My fairlane has simply problems before as well, found out was a lose vacuum hose, connect that and all the control is back. Go figure!

Agile Falcon
Swift. Agile. Deadly.

1988 NA Fairlane Series I

- 3.9L MPI Engine with 4.0L Equivalent Head
- Old Trusty 3 Speed BW M51 Auto
- Rear Sonar Sensor
- Cheapo CD Player
- Rear Spoiler
- All the luxury of a Fairlane

docomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 20:31   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

I had that problem in my old EL... all i did was turn the car off start it up again and it tended to fix the problem, only happened a few times tho
might be totally different

Chris
O.F.R #6 : PM Me
Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Member #4 of the MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 22:03   #7 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

Check the black vacuum hose that comes out of the back of the manifold. It just pushes into a little rubber thing. Mine used to pop out on my EB a fair bit, makes the car idle a little higher as well.

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 00:09   #8 (permalink)
{';'}

Thanks guys, I will stuff around with it when I get some more spare time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAII_Fairmont
Check the black vacuum hose that comes out of the back of the manifold. It just pushes into a little rubber thing. Mine used to pop out on my EB a fair bit, makes the car idle a little higher as well.
Can you point this out exactly please? I did wipe down the engine the other day and that's when it stopped working, so it sound like a possibility.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU