Central Control Module - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 04:45   #1 (permalink)
Poorer than ever!

Central Control Module

Hi all. I've got an ED XR6 without a working central control module. Since ford don't make them anymore, I had to get it from a wreckers. I found a guy who didn't know what it was, but was willing to pull it out of a ED Fairmont, using my gregories car book. He found two boxes in that area, a red and a green. He asked around and found a guy who thought it was the green one. Apparently the red one is for the smartlock. So, it is the green one? And will there be any trouble putting an ED control module into an ED XR6? I personally don't think so, but would like some opinions. Thanks
kingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2003, 05:13   #2 (permalink)
mmm..Vee 8

By central control module do you mean the BEM?? (Body Electronics Module..that controls the central locking/interior lights/power windows etc etc)..im suprised that ford dont make them anymore or are unable too get them for a ED...id see an auto electrician...im sure they could get one, or at least identify the correct part.

Extreme

5/1994 ED Futura Classic 5.0 in Polyneisan Green - One of the last ever built
Extreme_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 07:01   #3 (permalink)
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria

Central Controller Module

There are two Central Controller Modules types used on EBII and EDs:-
Blue - used on GL, Spak and XRs
Green - used on Fairmont, Ghias and Fairlanes
These are mounted vertically on the RHS of the radio.

The Blue and Green units are NOT interchangeable as the plugs are different and so are the pinouts.

The Red module is only in the EBII and ED (and equivalent Fairlanes) and this is the Smartlock module. It is mounted horizontally above the handbreak.

The EA and EB modules perform the same functions but I am not sure of the box colours. The EA/EB modules for the GL, Spak and XRs should NOT work in EBII/ED as the plugs and pinouts are different.

Cleanest solution would be to get a BLUE module from a wrecker.
These should be a common as muck and be around $50 to $60.
BTW, what is the problem with your CCM ??

PS:- In EA to ED the module is called a Central Controller.
In EF/EL it is called a BEM - The BEM incorporates the CCM and Smartlock functions in one module.
TBH: (the better half) drives an ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head & arm rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels, etc) things to come soon = EECV upgrade.

Last edited by Muzza; 07-07-2003 at 07:21.
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 19:58   #4 (permalink)
Poorer than ever!

I've got an internal fault in the module - rear demister and windscreen washers aren't working. BTW, do you know any good wreckers in melb that would have the central controller. The wreckers i've been to haven't heard of it and don't know where I could go to get it.
Old 07-09-2003, 17:41   #5 (permalink)
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria

Wreckers

OK, did some ringing...

Over in the NorthWest try Archie at Central Auto Wreckers 03 93571611 he says he probably has some and approx $40.

The other guys I normally use do not have any at present (very surprising). One of them, must have one in the yard and I have a "self-service" arrangement with them but I am not sure when I will be there next - could be weeks. I know they charge around $40.

Over in the East, Just Falcons 9720 9899 have some @ $80.
Falcon Stuff 9720 7486 should have one as well. I have educated the chap down there on the difference between the red, green, etc modules. He says he has a ED GL in this shed and it should have the module. He would ask around $80. Sounds like the guy you originally went to see.

Both of those wreckers usually have most bits for X and E series but are at the pricy end of the scale.

If you really get stuck, I have a spare Blue and am after a Green as I will be upgrading our EDXR to Climate Controll and installing a EBII Fairmont wiring loom in the process which needs the Green module.
Can swap my Blue for a Green.

Also, if you eventually would like to send me your faulty module I can probably repair it (as long as the microprocessor is not faulty) and return it to you for a spare. The challenge would be it's own reward.

Good Luck.
TBH: (the better half) drives an ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head & arm rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels, etc) things to come soon = EECV upgrade.

Last edited by Muzza; 07-10-2003 at 05:04.
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 17:09   #6 (permalink)
Poorer than ever!

Thanks for your help Muzza, picked up a controller yesterday, little more expensive than $40, got it for $70 with a guarantee. Will put it in today. Hopefully it works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU