Ford Forums banner

central locking

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MADNC_8 
#1 ·
I got a central kit it looks easy to install but i having a problem with it. Where do i get the existing rod off the lock knob thing i though about car ea and eb with smart lock that make the lock knob go up and down. Would they have the rod that i need any help with this bit please

#5 ·
Hi Dude:

I put central locking in my EA falcon about 1 month ago. The front doors are easy, the back doors are pricks. You need to put the motors directly behind the rear door handles and position them horizontal. The front doors the motors can be position vertically. The kit should have come with 4 rods and joiners which screw into the existing lock rod thus enabling lock to be opened and locked.

Cheers Luke.

#7 ·
well conversion complete bit of a pain but worth it. problem i had is with the computer in the side kick panel i had to undo a screw that look like it had a ground power or some around there because the car wouldn't start at all. power would come on but won't start then nothing at all i used a screw driver and tapped the + and - side of the battery then it started but the revs are up and down sometimes hit close to 2 rpm and starts dropping and also there is a tapping noise that is loud.

by any chance could i have reset the computer.

any help please i got no idea what i done

matt

p.s next mod is eb mirrors

#8 ·
Have you put the black earth lug back on the screw holding the support bar for the ECU?

It shouldn't have reset your ecu as it is used as an earth reference while the car is running(I think?). I have disconnected mine a few times when installing a new aerial and running the central locking wires through the rubber grommet on the front passengers door. Never had a problem. You must of f?cked something else?

Did you loosen you earth lead on your battery, may need to be retightened. Earth leads on ea falcon batterys need to be on tight!!!!!!!!!!!! Makesure there is no corrosion on the terminals!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Luke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.