COMPLETE INTERIEUR ELECTRONICS AND WIRING HARNESS SWAP help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 00:03   #1 (permalink)

COMPLETE INTERIEUR ELECTRONICS AND WIRING HARNESS SWAP help

Hello everyone,
First of all english is NOT my mother tongue , please excuse my poor technical word skills.

Here is the deal (honestly don't think the model makes a difference in my case, if I were to do it on another model , the results would be identical)
I own a 2009 Ford flex that was burned inside, I then bought a Limited version hit front to get all the interior and swap them.
My 2009 flex is 2wd
the 2010 was AWD..this is where the problem start.

The limited had everything powered , not my SEL, so we decided to go for the complete swap, I took absolutely EVERYTHING out of both and swapped everything , every single bolts were swapped.
We took ALL the wiring harness out and swapped them too , the column, the keys , just everything.
The truck starts and runs perfect BUT i have the VERIFY AWD SYSTEM that comes on, shich is normal of course since we swapped the ECM AND BCM or it would not start.
Traction control same thing.
The AWD was hit hard on the front so I miss the AWD parts to swap them, so here is my question:
Can I teach my SEL with all Limited AWD components that it is not a AWD truck, to get rid of the messages? If yes HOW and who can do it ?
I want to remind you guys that I am overseas, and no one here even knows what FORD FLEX are or any FORD USA car for that matter...

Remember EVERYTHING FROM THE LIMITED IS IN THE 2WD car and I drive it daily..any , I mean ANY help or hints are welcomed.
Thanks
Jean marc
jean marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU