Confused!!! Door linigs! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2003, 03:07   #1 (permalink)
Beasty EA

Confused!!! Door linigs!

Guys,

Listen up.... Try and help me out here.
I have a Ea Gl, the interior is brown. I dont mind it as it is not common. But.... i ripped out the seats and put in brown fairmont ghia ones.

Now i have a problem, i have yucky Brown GL Door linings. What can i do? I want something a bit more.... up to date, something that look more comfertable.
I would like fairmont ghia ones but i dont have electric windows so this is out of the question.

What can i do?
Whatt are the farimont door linings like?
WHat about the S-Pac.

Guys, help me out here.
Pazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2003, 03:30   #2 (permalink)
Proudly Average

you can whack fairmont ones in and just cut holes for the winders... that's my plan, when i track down a set - apparently the rear winder fouls on the cigarette lighter/ash trays, but i'll find a way around that eventually...
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:59   #3 (permalink)
Proudly Average

sorry mate - more info

if you put electric window trims on a manual window door, the built in cigarette lighter/ashtray/power window switch console thing gets in the way of the winding handle's turning circle...

i think i heard about a FF member who removed the console and added a piece of fake woodgrain to cover the hole left in the door trim... am yet to see photo's though...

i think Brent from Brisbane has done this mod on his wagon
.020 over 351 Clevo, 10:1 comp, ported 302 heads, blueprinted and balanced, custom ground cam, Edelbrock intake, 600 Holley, K&N air filter, Custom Zip-Ties(tm), MSD ignition, Genie extractors, 2 x 2.5" exhaust, 2800rpm stally, rooted C4
Old 04-28-2003, 19:21   #4 (permalink)

i put fairmont ghia trims in mine, to over come the cigarette lighter from fouling with the winder i got a piece of woodgrain and covered the hole, then added a tickford badge for looks. it works too... wouldn't know otherwise. and yes, that member who added the woodgrain was me...lol
Old 04-28-2003, 19:32   #5 (permalink)
Proudly Average

where'd you get the woodgrain mate? any pics?
Old 04-28-2003, 20:44   #6 (permalink)
EA Ford Fanatic

I have done the conversion to the fairmont doors trims, but not the fairmont ghia. The only difference that I can see other than the electric windows and cigarette lighter is the lack of the ghia logo. I have posted a picture to help out, but I found some rear fairmont door trims with the manual window winders from a wrecker.

It comes up pretty good I think. The only problem that I had was the I didn't have central locking, so I had to install the central locking with the tibble locks. I took a few modifications but worth the effort.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fairmontdoortrim.jpg (33.8 KB, 161 views)
Old 04-29-2003, 00:49   #7 (permalink)
Proudly Average

looks schmick mate... gotta find me some trims!

question for ghia owners - how come some fairmonts/ghia's have a fluffy centre console and some don't - i noticed Jack Travis's didn;t, and it's a full blown Ghia... was it an EAII/EB thing or what?
Old 04-29-2003, 01:16   #8 (permalink)
Ford Nut

yeah that does look good.

how much could i expect to pay for 4 trims?
Old 04-29-2003, 03:03   #9 (permalink)
"ch0c0"

Just a thought. Apart from the red linings, what is the different between the s-pack seats and standard gl/gli seats.

Ive got an ED gli and are just looking for some different seats.

http://hashjedi.com/~choco/car.html
DanED5speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 04:14   #10 (permalink)

the s pak seats have the same "ass groove" as the fairmont, however the GL seats don't. Also, the S seats have red piping around them, well mine do anyways, but they won't for long as I am fitting the Fairmont Ghia seats I have kicking around. As for the Ghia badges on the door trims, I have one on each, as located in copscatchme's front door pic. I will put a pic of the woodgrain mod where the electrics were as soon as i buy the batteries for my digital camera, probly some time this week. Also, the elctric windows option is a pain in the perverble rear, I don't recommend it. Central locking maybe..... Anyway, that answers a few of the questions asked in these threads. I learned all these from the wreck i paid for. Not only is it a money maker but its also a learning curve...lol By the way, I got the woodgrain from the local joinery, they have heaps of it. Cheers!
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU