Ford Forums banner

Contour Driver's Window Problems

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  g_nz 
#1 ·
I've been having problems with my automatic window for awhile now. Recently it's getting worse and worse, though. Here's what happens:

Sometimes when I go to lower it, it does nothing. If I press the up button after that, it will shoot down without stopping unless I continue holding the up button. If it gets stuck all the way down, it's a real pain to get back up. One way that works fairly often for getting it up, is pressing the down button really hard, then pressing up again. If that doesn't work, you just have to play with it for an hour or so, to get it to work again.

All the while there is this clicking noise whenever I push up. I've had the door panel off, and located the source of the noise. It appears to be a small relay box or something between the switch and the motor. There isn't one of these on the passenger side. I assume it's for both windows.

Does anyone know what this box is, or if it is even my problem? I'm not really sure, because why would that box be affected by me pushing really hard on the down button? Maybe it's just the switch... Any insight?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.