Ford Forums banner

Counter measures against speed / redlight camreas

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  gm dstroya 
#1 ·
I'm pretty frustrated about those silly revenue raising machines build up in my living area. I don't speed nor run redlights intentionally, but I just simply feel uncomforatble with so many "big brothers" watching when I'm driving, esp. when sometimes exceptions do occur that I may be a bit too concentrated on the road instead of my speedo. Any idea of counter measures against those silly cameras? I'm thinking of coating the plates with a layer of clear coat that is mixed with some shiny bits and pieces..............

#2 ·
lol, i remember years ago a thing on Today Tonight regarding this. They found that normal hair spray had a better effect than the "on the market" licence plate spray on thingies.

As for the cameras everywhere. Within a 5km radius of my house there are no fewer 6 of these damn cameras. Eastern Sub Adelaide sucks for cameras.

#5 ·
Throw a handful of ballbearings out the window going past at 110 :)

#7 ·
The simplest would be to not speed, not because its the 'right' thing to do, but so you don't give the bastards the satisfaction. They're not going to be happier if you slow down, they're going to be happier if you speed up because then they get their precious revenue.

Either that or run past with a balaclava on and smash the camera with a baseball bat, then run off...

As for these so called products and little things that supposedly work to immunise you from being detected even if you are speeding, do you trust them enough to give it a go? Will you be really confident that you are safe from fines because I haven't really seen anywhere any solid proof that they work.

Alex

#8 ·
I'm not gonna speed or run any red lights. I'm asking about this just in case if I made some minor mistakes unintentionally, just like every normal human will. May be it may sound a bit silly but, ya, who can assure that they won't make any mistakes.

#9 ·
Can of engine degreaser and a lighter.

No, not speeding is good, i got done for doin 64 in a 60 zone 4 days after getting my lic, thats was over a year ago now, and i think i have learbt a great lesson as a result.

#10 ·
I have pretty much given up... the whole fixed speed camera thing has totally demorilised me. :(
But seriously, I drive 10 kms from home to work, and I go through 3 intersections that have them. It's insane how many there are around now.
Unless I'm out on the highway or in an area I know really well, I keep below the limit now. It's just not worth it, 3 km/h over and that's $150 down the drain.
I already give enough money to the government, why should I give them more? I'll leave that to the people in the lasers and corollas who still try to drag at the lights and end up doing about 20ks over the limit by the time they are past me. ;)
And I wouldn't risk countermeasures of any description. Not sure about how it is down here in Vic, but was reading a thing about the RTA in NSW, if they find a countermeasure device of any kind, it's an $1100 fine and 9 demerit points. Ouch!

#11 ·
The simplest would be to not speed, not because its the 'right' thing to do, but so you don't give the bastards the satisfaction. They're not going to be happier if you slow down, they're going to be happier if you speed up because then they get their precious revenue.
Yeah and then the a$$holes drop the speed limit from 60km/h to 50km/h like they did here recently in Queensland. The less revenue the make the lower the speed limits they will impose

#12 ·
They lowered the speed limits here too. But if you keep going the speed limit and not give them any money, they will be forced to lower the speed limit to a stupid level and they know they won't win over the public, so in the end their whole plot will fall through and maybe they'll admit what we knew all along.

Alex

#14 ·
They lowered the speed limits here too. But if you keep going the speed limit and not give them any money, they will be forced to lower the speed limit to a stupid level and they know they won't win over the public, so in the end their whole plot will fall through and maybe they'll admit what we knew all along.

Alex
Yeah good luck mate, this IS politicians we're talking about here you know... :fraz:

#15 ·
Modify your number plate using the mechanism on the XF Falcon rear number plate.
remove the springs from the hinge and attach a small electro magnet to hold the plate up.
push the button cutting the current and the number plate falls down.
BAHAHAHAHAHHAH
Cost: about $25 in wreakers bits
Savings: $$$$$$$$$$$

#16 ·
the goodz will be able to this very easy.

photography headsm will know what a slave flash is,

you take a foto with a flash, and the slave light detects this and also puts in a flash, its so a room can be properly lit up in a photo,

fit a slave flash unit either side of the rego plate, (its clear glass).

when the camera ligh flashes, so does the slave flash, thus over-exposing the photo, making the picture useless.

only prob, the lsave flash units arnt cheap, also they require a fair bit of battery current when they go off.

another prob would be the fact that they are/have fazed out the flash cameras for the infra-red jobbies...

just smash them ALL is what i say. well except for the ones in actual black spots, or of saftey reasons, so leaves about 3 per state, not much money from them ones.

cheers.joe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.