Coupe interiors - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2002, 17:03   #1 (permalink)
proffesional stupid head

Coupe interiors

Hey,

Ive found a compleate BLACK XB coupe interior for my XC coupe, it includes everything including front kicker panels and carpet cept for dash, console and head lining

I was wondering what its worth as well as what are the differences in interior from XB and XC Coupes, the bloke wants 800$ for it...

thanks
Phillip Savage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2002, 19:14   #2 (permalink)

Im not sure about coupes but if they are similar to utes you will maybe have the following problems:

The door handles are in different spots. On XB's they are high above the window winder. On XC's they are incorporated into the arm rest.

Kick panels on XC's have a vent knob which pulls out where XB's dont.

Carpet will be the same.

Rear quater panels SHOULD be the same.

I have found that I want to use these A1 door trims from my XC ute on my XB ute but the door handles are in different spots, that means either making a new hole and covering (somehow) the old one, or not using them.

The price sounds good as this is what you get from http://www.falcongt.com.au/XABC_ZFGH.html

$690 for doortrim kit for coupe - changeover
$115 for carpet

Check out the website and price up what you are getting compared for the $800. What else are you getting besides carpet and door trims?

Simon
Old 02-21-2002, 19:16   #3 (permalink)

P.S. Is everything in mint condition? Because those prices are for new carpet and new panels. Best to check the website.

Cheers
Old 02-21-2002, 23:12   #4 (permalink)
Australian BA XR6 Falcon

Quote:
Originally posted by XBXR6UTEMAN
Im not sure about coupes but if they are similar to utes you will maybe have the following problems:

The door handles are in different spots. On XB's they are high above the window winder. On XC's they are incorporated into the arm rest.

If i'm not mistaken, the XC doors still have the inner skin pressing for the XB style door handles so it shouldn't be as hard as going XC to XB intetior. He will certainly need the rod/door handle/chrome surround and plastic housing thingy from an XB, the rod will have to be from a coupe/ute/van too.

Kieron
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 00:40   #5 (permalink)
Ford Freak!

Door Handles XB vs XC

Guys,

This shouldn't be hard, as according to my factory manual for my XC (not the little crappy one that comes in the glovebox) the doors appear to have the hole for the XB door handle. You therefore should only require the handles and linkages, so just go to a wreckers and pull off the bits you need. If you end up paying more than $20 tell them they're dreaming.

The dash in the XC is different to the XA / XB. It is straight, rather than a wrap around style like the XA / XB. Once again if you don't have a dash at all go to the wreckers (best to go to a wreckers that has heaps of XCs where you can wander around and pull off the bits you need from each car, rarely will you find all the good bits on one car), or shop around swap meets. Try to get yourself the GS / GXL dash, as it has all the extra guages. Don't let the wreckers ask too much for these either, if they ask more than about $30 for the instrument panel then they are probably ripping you off. I got one in top condition for $20. Also, unless you can find yourself a really good dash top (ie no cracks at all) then think about buying a cracked one (if you can get it really cheap) then get it recovered (shouldn't cost you much more than say $150, and they come out looking tops). Just make sure it's only cracked, and that the foam isn't all missing in chunks otherwise they may not be able to fix it.

I did this for my XC sedan (which BTW has XB doors) which I'm fully rebuilding. Took some work on my part going to wreckers, pulling off the bits and reinstalling them, but saved myself cash, and experienced job satisfaction along the way.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,

"You wouldn't be dead for quids!"
mikenicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 00:44   #6 (permalink)
Ford Freak!

Hoodlining

Sorry forgot to mention hoodlining. Once again trip to your local wreckers should help. Get yourself a very average hoodlining, ensure to get the spring rods needed to secure it in place, then take the hoodlining to a trimmers and get one made. Cost me $150 for a grey velour one, and I fitted it myself. Just needed to use some contact glue and plenty of patience.

Regards,:s5

Old 02-25-2002, 01:16   #7 (permalink)
proffesional stupid head

Hoodlining

I dont have the hoodlingling but if got the springs and all the retainers things, as well as the thing for the sun roof

Dash

Ive allready got a fantastic condition GXL dash with only 1 hairline crack about 1cm long which i noticed on close inspection...

I didnt worry about the interior, i think im just gonna look for some shabby doortrims and front seats from the wreckers (that need recovering) cause im gonna recover them anyway...

im in no rush...

Thanks
Old 02-25-2002, 17:12   #8 (permalink)
Ford Freak!

Seats

One thing you may think about doing is instead of just getting the seats bolstered, go for the sports seat look. I had my original seats modified so that they have lumbar and hip supports like Recaros etc. Had this done when I had them recovered. Had the back seat padded and retrimmed to look a bit like two bucket seats.

The front seats are great, really hold you in place when you fang it around corners.:s6:

Regards,

Old 02-25-2002, 17:30   #9 (permalink)
proffesional stupid head

hehe

BTW: its good to see some other classic ford lovers apart from XA :)
Old 02-25-2002, 17:32   #10 (permalink)
proffesional stupid head

BTW another question

Say i do get black plastic bits for the interior, but i end up going for the cream look, will i be able to get them redone (Died or something) without painting them and vise versa ?

thansk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU