cruise control into XH XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2004, 06:54   #1 (permalink)
XE ESP

cruise control into XH XR6

I was hoping to get some advice on putting factory cruise into my XH XR6 ute. I have done some searches here and from what I can tell it seems fairly straight forward to put cruise into an EL car put I can't tell whether it is the same case with an XH ute.

Also what would I expect to pay for the cruise control parts needed from a wrecker.
patmore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2004, 15:35   #2 (permalink)

Re: cruise control into XH XR6

Well first off would be to determine if the cruise wiring is already in the car, my EF GLi lacks the wiring due to not having ABS, but an XR may already have it.

depending on where u get parts from, i've seena wrecker selling cruise control 'kits' for $100 or so, but that was a self serve wrecker.

checkout www.fordmods.com for a full tutorial on installing cruise.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 17:29   #3 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

a complete XH cruise would be around 350. being that they are very rare XH XR..
you can however make up your own kit. Use std ef/l switches,
use the ef actuator, but because the manifold sits down you wil need to buy from ford an ED actuator cable..
Mcarthur parts plus (02 46461288) will sell you these items with a length of loom to suit for $250
and you would have to get it wired in.. as in the post before me says, even in EF/L sedans if the car did not have ABS the cruise kit wasnt a plug in item had to be wired in..In XH If you do have ABS it is a plug in kit and you will be laughing
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 02:07   #4 (permalink)
rod

greetings All
the easiest way to do it is use a wiring kit part number EHC 10C975B

the instruction that come with that kit are simple to follow

thats the kit that i use to put the cruise into my XH XR-6

regards
rod
Old 05-11-2004, 05:34   #5 (permalink)
XE ESP

Thanks everyone, my XR has ABS so hopefully it will be easy. Rod what do you get in the EHC 10C975B kit?

Thanks.
patmore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU