Dash Colour - Revisited :) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2002, 12:52   #1 (permalink)
AcidBurns

Dash Colour - Revisited :)

After some discussion in here about changing dash colour, and changing face plates etc. I decided to have a date with my Falcon S Instrument Cluster... It went well, We got along, and chatted for quite a while, I have a few pictures of the process, but will take more when I do it again soon. I also have scanned images of each of the plates (Fuel/Oil, Tacho, Speedo, Voltage/Water), scanned at 1200 DPI, if anybody wants them, they are 142 MB in PSF Format. The process was pretty easy, especially now I know how to do it!!
The ups and downs of the whole process...
Ups:
It definately can be done, shouldn't be too hard

Downs:
I broke my fuel guage :(
My Trip comp doesnt work because I broke my fuel guage :(

Something else that should be noted, I didn't see any wiring!! There are two wire looms that plug into the back, but that's all I saw...

More pictures to come...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2002, 13:19   #2 (permalink)
Steve81

SWEET!! Keep taking notes, i would like to have a crack at this as well!! Job well done.
Old 03-22-2002, 17:45   #3 (permalink)
Shaken Not Stirred

Lookin good!
Do the needles just pull off from the front?
What exactly are you going to do, now that you have them scanned?
You can't just print out a new scheme on paper and stick it in your dash! I just need some ideas on what to do with the scanned images...give us more info...
the_scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 18:48   #4 (permalink)
AcidBurns

All questions will be revealed once it's done!

Yes, the needles jus pull off! Just be carefull, because thats how I think I strewed my fuel guage!
Old 03-23-2002, 10:13   #5 (permalink)
Ea EnVy

wow

wholy shit.. what ya doin man! can u explain what u are doin.. seriously.. are u changing the colour of the wwriting on the dash or what? i thought this process was illegal due to the high factor that u can tamper with the speedo reading? anyhow i am totally lost dude.. whats goin on?
Old 03-23-2002, 10:30   #6 (permalink)
Xyphoid

Mmmmmmm...... Interesting

Mmmmmmmm. I know what your trying to do !!!!
Lemme know how you go with this, as I am trying the same (Very similar) thing !

P.S. I have the NF Fairlane Cluster scanned in, and I am working on the EF Sports cluster - Batt Oil etc etc.

I am also looking around for a Tickford logo, a Ghia Logo, and a Ford logo in white, so B4 you start printing these, lemme know, and I can send these logo's to you ;-)
(EG have a look at the EL onwards Tickford Instrument clusters, with the Tickford logo on them !!!)

Cheers
Matt

P.S. I used to work for an IT co. and had access to a 9600DPI Colour Printer/Photocopier/Scanner, that would print on very thin plastic. But because I dont work there anymore, I am looking for someone-somewhere with a similar beast to print the graphics. I have been told that QuickCopy, or someone like that can do it for about $8 a plastic sheet ????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU