Ford Forums banner

dash out

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Troutman 
G
#1 ·
my flatmate and myself are taking my ghia dash out on the weekend to fix my heatiing problem will it be the blendor motor or will it be the heater box control arm or just another spacial annomally will let yas no how i got on next tuesday

#4 ·
Actually I don't think you need to pull out the dash to replace the heater core? I had mine replaced by the local mechanic and it didn't cost too much. You probably need a hoist or something at least...

#5 ·
You can replace the heater without taking the whole dash out but you need most of it out. You can't get out from the engine side there is a firewall in the way. You sure he replaced (as distinct from charging for replacement) rather than just the usual approach of plugging the hole with synthetic metal cement?

#6 ·
i found the problem in the end took most of two days when i finnaly got the dash off went looking for the parts i was told about that fail all worked fine then i started fieling a bit deflated sunday morn went striaght into the garrage and found it the first vacum fitting behind the glove box pivot arm broken put an eb one in bang fixed ps hate to think wether i might have done this job working through the glove box heeee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.