Dash warning lights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2003, 22:38   #1 (permalink)

Dash warning lights

Hey all, first post :-)

Recently bought a new EF Fairmont V8 Auto, and i have a whole stack of problems (some serious -- possible head gasket? -- some not so serious -- trip computer backlight, easily fixed). Anyway what I wanna sort out is why my battery / radiator level / oil level lights aren't working (they should come on when you first turn on ignition, but don't). I've swapped globes with the econ/cruise lights, the park brake lights etc, and even though i know those globes are in good service, they don't want to work in the oil/batt/coolant 'sockets'. The oil pressure level & light work and the battery charge level and warning light work on the instrument panel, but the lower warning globes won't work. Can anyone give me a clue why this would be? Don't really wanna shell out for a new dash for something so minor, yet so important.

Another question, anyone know how I can reset my radio? [standard radio cassette that came with the falcon etc], since i got no books etc when i bought the car, and i unplugged the battery while i was stuffing with the dash!

Thanks guys :-) I've already found a wealth of info here :-)

jasonk
jason_k_3431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2003, 19:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: Dash warning lights

Well, worked it out !

The deal is, my parents EL doesn't have a oil pressure / batt voltage guage on dash, so the warning light near the lcd is used. Apparently, on the higher-spec dash, the warning lights aren't used in favour of the guages... All is good ... but now I need a globe and a new water sensor :-). Cheaper than a new dash hehe.

Now, to rewire the rear passenger door power window switch .. some dipshit wired it up is down and down is up!

jasonk
jason_k_3431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU