DIY Ignition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2004, 06:45   #1 (permalink)

DIY Ignition

Being an advocate of having a crack at anything (cars included), Im contemplating on modifying my stock XFs ignition by removing the ignition module off the distributor body and mounting it on a heatsink away from the motor. I want to also run one of those GT-40 style ignition coils (they are supposed to be allot more efficient and cheap - Dont want to spend much) Now heres the weird bitů

Jaycar have a programmable ignition module that runs between the distributors reluctor pickup and their ignition module kit. Ive bought both kits (programmable ignition module & ignition module) but I want to run the stock ignition module with the programmable ignition module. Im wondering if anyone has built one of these programmable ignition kits before and wether its worth doing?
coupefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2004, 06:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: DIY Ignition

Has anyone ran the Jaycar Programmable Ignition kit in any configuration??? Any input would be great???
Old 04-20-2004, 01:39   #3 (permalink)

yes i was actually looking at that kit

my reason for getting it was to see if i could wire it up to my tfi moduel and get it to advance the timing as much as i pleased dunno if thats possible

any one had a go at these things?
red ea s-pack 5 speed, engine, 4 wheels + spare, steering wheel, brakes, suspension, exhaust, 20w x 4 stock standerd stereo system, diff (rear wheel one), clutch, seats (including 2 retractable front seats) all with seat belts. Performance Mods : air filter removed, fuel filter removed, some guards taken off for weight reduction.
daza_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 19:17   #4 (permalink)

I think there will be a little bit of work trying to get other ignition modules to work with it but im sure as hell that it can be done. When I get something working, Ill let you know. Just a matter of designing a simple buffer to match the TTL to correct impedances I think. Ive just gota find the input specs on the ignition module an im away. (Work in progress)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU