Ford Forums banner

does anybody have some tips on making a new wiring harness

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Spookz 
#1 ·
because I need to put toggle switches for fuel pump and engine stop any tips
:grin2:

#3 ·
Cat skinner is correct. I have made several wiring harness in the past and they are pretty easy too make if you have basic know-how. However I will add on too what he said if possible.

Make sure the harness connections are labeled because you will need to pull the existing harness off in order too get the correct length. Use the same holes within the firewall if possible, this will make things easier in a long run and more hassle free.

If you are going to go the way to make your own, I would suggest using water proof crimp connectors and existing heat shield wraps. Most of the connectors can be picked up at your local hardware store for a cheap price, however I have had issues with locating certain connectors in the past. So make sure you do your homework before tackling the job.

The most important thing is, the gauges muse be exact or you will run into a ton of issues along the down road.

Supplies needed:

1. Crimps
2. Water Proof Crimp Connectors
3. Gauged Wire
4. Electrical Tape
5. Heat shield wire Wraps
6. Be Patient
7. Time

Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.