Does anyone one know? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2005, 00:44   #1 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

confused Does anyone one know?

Hi all, does anyone know how to get wiring from the entry I chose in the firewall (the heater cable penetration) up to the top of the dash above the center air vents? I have given up, I don't want to pull the dash apart --I mean it-- I'll just leave the guages unwired!!! They can sit there and look pretty not working!!

I tried poking wire down hoping it would come out somewhere half sensible that I could then tie my wiring to, but no luck.

The SSI twin guage holder looks pretty good but I think I might get Modicoat to match it to the console, it's a gloss black right now that does'nt quite match the rest of the look, but they are well made and easy to fit except don't even think about the back mounting hole unless you have one of those drill adaptors that allows you to drill 90 degrees otherwise the windscreen is in the road.

Anyway how the hell do I get my wires up there?
It's a BA by the way.

Thanks FF members.

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2005, 00:36   #2 (permalink)

Re: Does anyone one know?

Yeah, I would have recommended the "coat hanger poked down the hole trick" and then cross your fingers.

What gauges are you wiring up?
Old 02-11-2005, 14:37   #3 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Re: Does anyone know?

Volt and oil pressure (electric). I'll have another go at it today. When you lay on your back and look up behind the dash it seems quite clear and looks like it would be no problem but it does'nt work out like that.

I'm going to change the lighting to blue LEDs as well to match the BA intrument lighting. The Narva colour changer plastic that slips over the normal bulb is to dull you cant read the guages and not even close to blue more a green, so they got the flick.

Out of interest there is a sticker on top of the center console piece, the section with the screen and CD player, that says scrap if dropped! So sounds a bit like not worth the bother of trying to fix. I'd hate to think what that whole section is worth.

Old 02-11-2005, 21:52   #4 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

SUCCESS!!! I weaseled an electricians snake down from the top and cable tied the wires to it!!!! All up and running now. The snake made the difference, so it is possible.

Old 02-11-2005, 23:57   #5 (permalink)

Good to hear you got it sorted.

Those coloured "condoms" for the bulbs do cut a bit of the light out.

There are now blue LED's available that replace the normal white bulb.
The official name for the small bulbs in the gauges are called "wedge globes".

Narva have them in their new catalogue. Lots of car parts shops aren't aware they are avaiable.

I suspect your globes are the 10mm wide ones. If so for BLUE LED's, the Narva LED Wedge Globe part number is 47864. They also come in blister packs of 2, part number 47864BL.

I doubt you have 5mm globes, but if so, the part # = 47854 or 47854BL.

For info, the LED's also come in white, red and green.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2005, 14:49   #6 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Thanks very much for that TruBlu351, I thought I'd have to make something, I'll get my local Autobarn to order them today(cause I'll bet they are not in stock). My reply is a little late I guess but I have been quite busy with renovations and quite sick of it! Having a rest day today!!! Owe my baby a wash, I've been cutting tiles and she's covered in dust. The guages do look very good up there, I was a little unsure if I would have liked them there but very happy with the result. Nothing wrong with the SSI holder,quite good, I did try to get the genuine FPV one but of course no FPV VIN, no part. So blow Ford I spent my dollars on another brand.
Thanks again, the blue lighting will finish the job off to perfection!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU