Door locking problem on AU - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2003, 20:04   #1 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Door locking problem on AU

I've got a July '99 AU Fairmont and I just noticed the other day that the drivers side rear door does not lock when you lock the car! Makes a funny noise and while the rest of the doors lock, you can still open that one! I am able to lock it by flicking a little switch thing near the child lock bullcrap so now the door is permanently locked and can only open from the inside, doesn't really bother me, but has anyone else ever experienced this problem? Don't even know how long it's been happening, I only noticed the other day because I locked the car while standing near that door and heard the noise, can't hear it if you go around, so god knows how long my door has been so easy to get into!!! Cheers anyway :)
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2003, 22:22   #2 (permalink)
Team Galaxy Try Hard

Re: Door locking problem on AU

Doesn't the child lock stop you from being able to open the door from the inside, not the out? (ie stop little kiddies from getting out while your playing the pokies)
Nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 05:00   #3 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

Yeah, I know the childlock is for locking from the inside But near that, there is a little gap in and you can see inside the door, it's hard to explain. There's this little black switch thing and if you flick it up it locks it like I explained. When you lock the car makes that funny clicking sound like it's trying to lock but cant, looking at the door and that, looks ok so I can't think of anything unless it's something electrical inside. Which of course means it will cost an arm and a leg. They wanted $137 dollars to replace the lock on the drivers door for the rear power windows, haha, I don't know how when it doesn't even look like the have to open the door, just put another clip in!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:51   #4 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

It will be either a bent snipper rod (the rod under the lock button on the window ledge) or something stopping the free movement of that button - button not screwed on right or surround damaged
Old 07-27-2003, 00:09   #5 (permalink)

had a problem in my au ute to days ago. locked the doors using the remote, started to walk away and the horn sounded. walked back checked all the doors (all closed) and tried again, same thing. pulled the door lock out opened up the motor\gearbox case on the door lock and found a plastic shaft had broken. have to get a new one tommorrow! hopefully i wont have to buy a whole new lock!!
Old 08-07-2003, 07:02   #6 (permalink)

btw ford will only sell you the complete lock assembly for about $120!
Old 08-11-2003, 20:08   #7 (permalink)
Ford Tickford Experience

I got it checked out last Friday and they said the central locking mechanism is rooted and will cost $237 to replace! I said no thanks, but still had to pay $50 cos they took the door apart!
Old 08-18-2003, 06:13   #8 (permalink)
D.T.A

Henry said build me an affordable car for the masses and we'll get 'em with the price of the spares!!!
Amen
COMING THEN GOING SOON:ED Futura Sedan, Gunmetal respray, superlows, camber kit, BA 17's rep's & ED Ghia interior, 20% tint, shift kit, exhaust + stereo & whatever else comes to mind! Then will be up 4 sale!
LWRDEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 00:19   #9 (permalink)
Tickford Man

I have had the exact sae problem, the car locks sounding like a fart, the actuator inside the locking mechanism is broken, when it happend to me, we pulled it apart, and founf it to be a plastic screwing kindof peice ( worth about 2c ) however ford will not replace the small part, not do they have a fix for this "common fault". i ended up melting the screw back together ( the part that is broken does not use thread, so there shouldnt be a problem with the door not locking properly) otherwise going to a toolmaker to see how much it would cost to make the part out of metal

I can garauntee that it is the actuator

Mike
mikeeman_AUXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:21   #10 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

ive sold stacks of solonoids/mechs.. major prob..you get $60 second hand all day long
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU