Dual battery set-up on XC Coup?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2005, 20:18   #1 (permalink)

Dual battery set-up on XC Coup??

Starting a new custom interior on my XC coup this weekend. Stage one: centre console that will run right to back seat. Looking from the back seat there will be a pop-up mini Tv screen with DVD, secound stero with only head phone jacks for two (I have a wife and Daughter thought I would stick them in the back on long trips)Then in the arm rest part of the console I want to put another CD player with stacker in boot hooked up the speakers front and back, this way I can have the lid closed and keep the dash looking orignal. Just woundered about pwr to all this mod cons, I have a Toopy with same set up and run a fridge and a few other things but have two batteries and back-up solar power cell to trickel charge batts and run things while the car is not moving. So was things about putting a dual battery set-up on the coup. Has anyone done this or seen it done? I wanted to mount the secound batt in the boot as well.
Cou78p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2005, 07:37   #2 (permalink)
old B - new B

Re: Dual battery set-up on XC Coup??

you should be able to get a dual battery set up from a 4x4 shop and set it up so you have one main battery for your car and a second battery for accessories. then if the second battery goes flat you can still start the car.

electricity works the same no matter what car its in .:)

put your second battery in the boot and use good heavy leads . should be fine.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU