EA GHIA dash not working - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2003, 20:10   #1 (permalink)

frown EA GHIA dash not working

Hello,
Im wondering if you's be able to help me.
Ive got a EA GHIA digital dash and when i turn the key on my dash isn't lighting up(eg) the speedo,trip computer and the climent control don't light up to its orange self.
It all happen when a positive wire touched the negative wire for the lamps when you open the doors and some how this has stuff the lighting for the dash.
Someone sad it could be a box under the dash which control the lighting setting and i might need a new one of them ?
Ive checked all the fusses there fine,i don't know if there be a fusible link somewhere for the dash ?
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2003, 13:52   #2 (permalink)

Do all the interior lights still work? does all the LCD's still work but there's no light behind them? There is only a fuse in the fusebox for the dash lights. If you turn on your parkers, does this light up the front of your dash?
Old 01-30-2003, 16:27   #3 (permalink)

.Yep when i turn on the Parker's,the interior lights come on.

Normally when you turn your key on the speedo lights up heater control and the trip computer but they don't light up and when you press search on the trip computer it don't work either so there's something going on somewhere.

Yeah i can still see the speedo but the lights aint working behind it its just doll white and climate control still works but you cant see nothing on the screen and the trip computer well when u press it dont do nothing.

So there must be something that controls the lighting to the tripcomputer speedo and climate control. ?

What have i done to her ?
Old 01-30-2003, 17:08   #4 (permalink)

Hmmm... All the globes in the dash should run from one power source. i will have a look on the weekend and get back to ya on monday ok? There should still be a display on the lcd of the trip computer, if not, disconnect it and see what happens. Other than that, I will see what i can come up with over the weekend for you...
Old 01-31-2003, 20:46   #5 (permalink)
EB wagon

Yeah, sounds like yer central controller aint workin properly.. Does your power arial go up and down fully?? do the interior lights dimm and all? The LCD's on the dash and climate are controlled by the central controller... I didnt think the trip comp was tho... hmmm... maybe its just blown the bulb in that. Id check the central controller 1st...

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2003, 14:33   #6 (permalink)

The only thing the backlights for the lcd's run off is the central controller. After shorting that, you could have a problem with it. Check you have all you power going to this unit and see what you have out. If you have voltage going to it in all the right spots, and not out, i would suspect the module......
Old 02-14-2003, 06:13   #7 (permalink)
Addicted User

I had a same problem with the dash in a NA fairlane, so I wired the parkers to stay on all the time, like a volvo saved alot of time and money and if you believe some people alot safer to drive with them on all the time anyway
ondori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU