Ford Forums banner

Eb II falcon installing trip computer!!!

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
Talked to a guy today from fords he tells me $360 for a trip computer and loom rang a wreckers he wants $50 bucks. Now i would presume ford used the same wiring looms for all there models but i could be wrong. Can i install a Trip computer in my falcon or would it be too big of a job. Im sure i could add a couple of wires if i had too but i need to know if it can be installed or what i would need to add if anything.

Please i need some info on this any1 got a wiring diagram of a falcon ect. Or some first hand experiance

Steve

#2 ·
While I have never done this, I have heard that its easier than eating a blue berry pie. From what I heard, the loom is already behind the panel just waiting to be plugged in. I can't gaurantee this but either way it would be real easy.

Cheers
Matt

#3 ·
the loom is not behind the panle at all.

i just put one in my ed xr6, and you have to get the kit. because it gives you all the conections to do it. you have to connect onto the back of the instrument cluster and the rear demister switch and the engine management control plug under the glove box. its not hard to do, just time consuming

Tim

#4 ·
SO you have to get the kit? What kit would that be?

I know I can get a loom + computer from the wreckers for like $60, but how much rewiring is required.

I've got an ed falcon gli, where are all the different wires for the senders and whatever located?
Is the one under the glovebox the hardest to get to?

What's the best way to wire it up, just strip part of the existing wire and attach another wire coming out of this and solder the other end of the new wire onto the wiring loom for the trip computer?

Does that affect the voltage split between the wires or not?

I'm not new to rewiring stuff, but I ever rewired any part of my car yet, so I'm new at this.

Thanks for your time,

later

-Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.