EBII A/C System - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2003, 23:25   #1 (permalink)
Formerly EAII_Fairmont

EBII A/C System

I still haven't got off my lazy ass since I did my T5 conversion and found a way to use the A/C with an EA computer.

For those of you that don't know, the EBII cuts the A/C compressor under WOT whereas the EA/EBI does not. When the EA ECU is in the car it runs perfectly, idles smoothly etc, but the A/C compressor won't engage! The car has the auto computer in it at the moment and isn't causing any problems, but because the auto ecu doesn't cut fuel when decelerating, the cackle that the exhaust makes is bloody embarassing! Not to mention that I can't get the ECU into self test mode. It still pings a little when in say 4th at 60k's and I floor it, it pings for a split second then stops. But if I back the timing off any further it loses so much power it's not funny. In this weather, I'd rather have a few niggly probs and lose a little performance than not have A/C!!

What I want to know is, is it possible to wire the climate control unit directly to the a/c clutch? I know this will cause problems at idle when the a/c cuts in, but I don't know any other way around it. I am trying desperately to get an ECU, but 4.0L 5spd ECU's are rarer than hens teeth out here, and I can't afford it at the moment.

I don't know if the EA ECU will go into self test mode, but I'm more concerned about the exhaust note and fuel consumption. It never pings unless I do it intentionally to see if it's still pinging. Any ideas guys?

121kW 2.5L DOHC V6 in a car that weighs 1100kg's and looks like a 4 banger from the outside......SLEEPER!

1988 EA S Pak 3spd CFI.....Soon to be a 250rwkw HSV eating machine.
Latest update......MPFI!!
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2003, 00:54   #2 (permalink)
Donkey Kong yay

Re: EBII A/C System

i have the same problem with my conversion,after i converted to manual my air conditioning wont work,i was thinking the EB 5 speed ECU that i bought didnt have a/c? and i havent tried my old ECU yet i knew it was working with it
its still got me buggered i changed the a/c switch replaced a few relays still nothing.
i can operate the a/c by running a wire from the a/c compressor straight to the + on battery and it works fine,still has plenty of gas
Froggyspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 04:18   #3 (permalink)
tgoodlich@hotmail*****

I've recently created an adaptor harness that plugs in an EMS 8860 programable engine management system straight into manual EA to ED falcons. The car runs better than factory and delivers excellent fuel economy on the tune I did for my EA Falcon. You can wire the aircon to work as it did in the EB no problem with cut out at wot/rpm/manifold pressure, whatever you like. The harness and tuning maps is $330 and computer is $1290. This will solve your problem and the fuel economy gains are worth it on their own. Give it some thought. My email is tgoodlich@hotmail
turbotrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:45   #4 (permalink)
Chromed Member

EASY AND FREE FIX....

I WILL SWAP YOU MY NA ECU (has climate control of course) which was a 3 speed auto (so no gearbox signals to cause problems) for you EBII ecu !!!! Ive just put done a conversion to 4 speed so im after the right ecu (6cyl 4speed) and i like the idea of the compressor cutting out at WOT because the car is so heavy (nerly 3 tonne loaded) and needs all the power it can get.

hows that sound??
botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 04:22   #5 (permalink)
Donkey Kong yay

i just put my auto ECU back in the car to see if the A\C was working with it,i knew it was working before i pulled it out,and it doesn't so it still must be electrical
Froggyspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU