EBII - Odometer/tripmeter works intermitantly - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2003, 23:13   #1 (permalink)

EBII - Odometer/tripmeter works intermitantly

As above, my odometer (and trip meter) are only working intermitantly. There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern to when they work and when they don't.

It's important for me to get them working, as the car is on straight gas and the gas meter is useless so I need to know how many k's I've done to know when to fill up.

Has anyone had a similar problem/ideas to fix? Replacing the whole instrument cluster would be a needlessly expensive excersise.

The instrument cluster is the one with the tacho and the speedo and 4 or so other dials. It's from a GLi model EBII.
locash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2003, 23:15   #2 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Re: EBII - Odometer/tripmeter works intermitantly

Same thing happened to our EA. It came good eventually but alas you're going to have to fix it. Buy a new cluster at the wreckers for not much cash at all. The GLi clusters are cheap. keep the old one for spares.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 23:18   #3 (permalink)

Wrecker quoted me about $200 for a replacement, as aparently the GLi ones with the tacho are quite sought after. I can't really afford $200, or I wouldn't be driving a EB Falcon.
Old 06-29-2003, 23:52   #4 (permalink)
Proudly Average

Thumbs down

$200 is fkn ridiculous for a GLi *OR* an S-pack, OR a fairmont dash... i picked up an EA Fairmont/S dash (tacho/oil/volts/batters/speed) for $53... which was cheap, apparently, but i think it sounds about right

wreckers give me the shits sometimes - always nice to watch them scratch their ape-like foreheads and pluck a figure out of thin air "bald 13 inch retread on a plain rim? oh mate... don;t get them in often... $800..."

if an EA GL speedo head (you might be able to swap it in to the EB cluster, giving you a working odometer/trip meter) is any use, message me and i'll post you my spare one - it's got 97 000k's on it too, so chances are it'll up your resale value
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 00:06   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the kind offer.

I'll take you up on it if I can't sort out this problem with my current one as obviously I would preffer the tacho'd version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU