Ford Forums banner

EBII Power Window Removal.

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  eb_5litre 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to remove the power window motor from the front door of the eb2. I had a quick look a while back but thought i'd better ask before i tore into it.

#2 ·
I have been told that the window motor and regulator are a single unit, so it is a bit awkward. Should be held on with rivets if memory serves.

#3 ·
Yep ! Jack is right on this one.

Actually not too hard to remove.
FIrdt you will need to remove the door trim.

To do this, you will need to remove the arm rest, the Door Handle, and the Door Lock Button, as well as the plastic bit that covers the mirror screws.

Once all these have been taken off, to remove the door trim, simply pull it upwards, to disengage it from the door, near the glass.

Once you get to this stage, you will notice that there are 3 big Rivets, that hold the regulator assy in place.
To remove this assembly completely, you will also need to remove the Window Guide, to disengage the regulator from the Window.

Finally, if you need to do this, you can unbolt the window from the guide, as it is held in by one bolt.

Cheers
Matti

#5 ·
A good quality 5mm Metal Drill bit, and some suitable Nuts and Bolts (Available from any good hardware store).

If you have a good quality drill bit, then it shouldnt take you any longer than 15 Minutes to have everything removed.
And should take you around 30 - 60 Minutes to fit everything back in.

Cheers
Matti

#6 ·
So i take it the window will not stay up with the motor removed?... its important cause i cant have the car off the road for long periods.

#10 ·
i did it yesterday guys.. thanks for the help. I taped the window up and put a wedge in it when i was driving around. After i took the motor out I tested it and it was fine, I chased the problem back to the switch unit in the centre console. I tested the switches individually and they were fine, the problem i think is the circuit board, its not getting the power back to the plug. I can hotwire the windows using the plug in the console.

I'm gonna ring around some wreckers today but i dont think i'll have much luck, apparently they're pretty rare.
Brand new ones from FORD are $166.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.