Ford Forums banner

EF clear Indicators

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  EFFalcon 
#1 ·
How we doin people could someone let me know where i could get some clear indicators for my EF Fairmont (if it is possible) and how they clip on does that whole stripe have to come off or will the indicator pop out.

Thanks Ben

#2 ·
indicator pops out.
2 ways of doing it, find the member on these forums who made custom ones a while back (can't help with a username atm)
or get NL Fairlane indicator surrounds and NL fairlane clear indicators.

#3 ·
contact ratxr8@hotmail.com for the straight replacement ones like i have.
cost was approx $70 inc postage from memory.

#6 ·
I'd like to get some too, but I'll wait till he has stock. Till then, can someone please advise of the legality of tinting the side indicators to black? I have seen it done here (NSW), just not too sure on how legal it is though, or even how to do it. Is it just a matter of a light coat of black paint?

#8 ·
i dont think they should bother you to much with tinted side indicators, presuming you dont use the whole can on em.. you should be okay, ive had a mate with tinted rear tail lights and they dident touch him..

I will also be interested once ratxr8? gets more stock, I have no side stripe's at all would they clear indicator still work?

#10 ·
I have seen the tinted side ones done, and it looks good cos on my car the side strips are black, and I think clear indicators wouldnt look that good with black strips. So before I get the clear indicators I've gotta colour code the strips.

#12 ·
you're selling it?
what you getting as a replacement?

#14 ·
what have u got where the indicator went?
if you've still got the part that the orange indicator clips into, then yeah the clear ones should go on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.