Ford Forums banner

EF Seats?

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  EFFalcon 
#1 ·
does ANYONE know for sure if the EF Fairmont Seats are any different to the EF GLi seats in comfort wise, i know they're velour.
XR seats are more bucketed then GLi seats, and fairmont ghia seats are very nice (prolly hard to find) but no one can tell me any differences with EF Fairmont seats.
i need more comfy seats :p

anyone know where to get EF Fairmont/Ghia/Fairlane front seats?

#2 ·
As it stands, there is no comfort difference between Falcon, Futura, Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia, Fairlane or LTD seats. That is unless you count velour over cloth as comfort.

If it's comfort that you're after, try and get some EL seats. EL seats are chunkier around your lower back and are a lot more pleasant to sit in. Ideally if you can get some Futura or Fairmont seats all will be well as the have got the twin lumbar support knobs on the passenger seat as well.

I had an EF Futura before the NL and it killed my back. I'd get out of the car at work and spend 20 minutes trying to stand up straight. Same story when I got home. (I was driving 100ks each way to work...). The main reason I bought the NL was the comfort factor. Now I can drive all day, and I mean all day, get out at the end of the trip and do cartwheels. It's the only way to fly!

As for getting some, try Just Falcons in Bayswater 9720 9899.

There is a place down your way but I can't remember what it's called. I'll have to get back to you on that!

#6 ·
Walkinshaw knows
there are a few mods that need to be done, nothing drastic though.
EF XR seats are different to GLi seats, more support on the sides, EF Ghia are also different.
just wondering if EF Fairmont seats are anything like XR seats or something,
they HAVE to be better then GLi seats, i'm sick of hanging on around corners :p

#10 ·
i think i'm gunna look for either NF Fairlane Ghia seats (velour), EF Fairmont Ghia (leather/velour) or just fairmont seats if thats all i can get :p

#11 ·
You're better off with EL seats...

The best thing to do would be to cruise around a couple of car yards and get into an EF Fairmont and then an EL Fairmont. Then do the same with Fairlanes or Ghias. See which ones suit you better. Getting out of an EF Falcon, if you don't get sold by the seats in an EL Ghia then there's something wrong :hehe:

It's all going to depend on the type of driving that do, but you'll know that better than anyone else.

#12 ·
problem with EL seats is that i'm after velour.
EL Grey is different to EF Grey, so i'm after matching colours etc :)

#13 ·
The different greys should only be a problem if you get new front seats and leave the back seat alone. The material inserts in the doors are easy enough to change and I think they could be the same colour on the EF and EL. I wouldn't worry too much about the colour matching as I had the same colour dash, carpet and door trims in my EF as I've got in the NL. It's only the pattern that changes.

#14 ·
i've got EF Fairmont back seat :)
thats why i'm lookin at my options, door trims i don't really care about that much (EF Fairmont ones)

#15 ·
Maybe you should make a trade with a wrecker ie my EF Fairmont back seat for your EL Fairmont Back seat. They may just do it. Then all you'll have to do is buy two front seats and she'll be sweet!

When were you looking at doing something as I have some contacts that may be useful to you.

#16 ·
i'll see what happens :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.