El Climate Control -- No Heater????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2004, 02:59   #1 (permalink)

El Climate Control -- No Heater?????

G'day

The heater in my EL Fairmont Ghia seems to have packed up. The CLimate control works sweet unless you want to warm the car up. There is absolutely no hot air coming in to the cabin when an increased temperature is selected. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Cheers,

Mike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2004, 03:29   #2 (permalink)
habib

Re: El Climate Control -- No Heater?????

u may need to flush the hoses out coz there most likely blocked or the heater has been bypassed
freddys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 04:06   #3 (permalink)
mmm..Vee 8

Could be the blend door motor in the dash that controls the flap for heat/cold

There is a procedure to test the climate control system...i think you hold down floor and off at the same time?. It will come up with an error code if it detects a problem...

have a search on the forums for the exact testing methods...or perhaps an E series owner with CC can elaborate more?

Extreme

5/1994 ED Futura Classic 5.0 in Polyneisan Green - One of the last ever built
Extreme_2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 02:06   #4 (permalink)

i had exactly the same problem around 2 months ago, but i only got around to fixing it last weekend, my blend door motor had ran past it's contacts. and it needed to be jumped back into possition.

To perform the diagnostic on the climate control unit press and hold "mode,A/C, and OFF buttons, then release mode and A/C while holding "OFF" for a further second. If done correctly the display will light up with every icon it has. it does this for around 10 seconds. then reports back any problem it finds. if there are any errors it will display eg. "E - 1" i think the blend door motor stuck code is E-5.

If error 5 appears the motor will need the be either jumped or replaced.. (ford charge anywhere between $500 - $750 to replace the motor)

AU XR6 VCT, Redback cat-back exhaust, T-series Xr8 snorkel...... that is all!
Bounce Ferret! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:57   #5 (permalink)

Cheers guys.

Did the self test. It whirred for a few seconds and then turned itself off. No error messages though. Maybe it is the hoses.
Old 05-05-2008, 17:03   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.O.G.U.E. View Post
G'day

The heater in my EL Fairmont Ghia seems to have packed up. The CLimate control works sweet unless you want to warm the car up. There is absolutely no hot air coming in to the cabin when an increased temperature is selected. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Cheers,

Mike.
Try changeing your thermostat before listening to any other advice, I spent 700 dollars replacing everything under the dash and on the the motor, too much listening to other peoples suggestions and advice...the problem was my 26 dollar(aust) thermostat....could have saved a bunch if I had started there first.
riskydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 15:28   #7 (permalink)

I've got the same problem in my 2004 XR6 - I have manual air conditioning though not the fancy climate control. Is there a way to reset/test the system like above?
dangerous77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 22:25   #8 (permalink)

hey everyone,

my parents have a 1997 EL Fairmont with climate control and the heater never worked we tried flushin out the heater tap,heater core and hoses
and still not working but i did what bounce ferret said and all the lights turned on for about 10 seconds and it turned off. turned it on, set temperature on 32 degrees and it bloody worked don't know why but the heater did so before anyone replaces anything try it.It could save you a fair bit of cash.

so thanks alot

cheers
jkpeterbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU