EL smartlock problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2003, 17:41   #1 (permalink)
Green's Tuff!

EL smartlock problems

Hey guys I was installing an Amp in my car yesterday and I think I have shorted something along the way as now I'm having dramas with the Smartlock system.
I first noticed there was a problem when I went to start the car last night to go out and it didn't start on the first attempt, it just cranked over for 5 or 6 seconds til I let the key go and tried again and it started and ran fine, So we get to where weare going and because it's on a farm I just left the keys in the ignition and didn't lock it. When we got in the car to come home it wouldn't start again, it started on the 3rd try.
Anyway when we get home and I go to lock it with the keypad it doesn't work so I ended up locking it with the key.
I have been out looking at it this morning and searching on here for possible answers and it seems that it has something to do with the interior light, so I went and checked the fuse and sure enough it was blown so I replaced that and thought the problem was solved, however the keypad still won't lock/unlock the doors.
I have also noticed that the smartlock light on the dash doesn't flash, but it comes on when I turn the key to 'ACC' while the fuel pump primes and then goes out again. I have also just noticed that the interir fan is staying on after the ignition is off. Could the fan be a related problem?
I've checked for loose connections under the dash and everything seems fine. The Amp didn't end up getting installed so I can't just take that out and see if it fixes the problem either.
At the moment I have disconnected the battery to try and reset the computer. Is there anything else I could try?

Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2003, 18:12   #2 (permalink)
Green's Tuff!

Re: EL smartlock problems

nevermind, it was my dodgy wiring that caused all the problems, 1 snip of the wire cutters and all was fixed :s6:

Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU