Ford Forums banner

Electric Mirrors not quite working...

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  station-rat 
#1 ·
Guys anyone with EF-EL's experiencing the same problem as me. My mirror on the passenger side doesn't quite work for the left pan of the mirror. Up down right pan works ok. One the drivers side everything works except for the down panning of the mirror. Can anyone suggest a way to fix it without replacing the mirror???

#4 ·
gotta be both mirrors crook

try carefully pushing on the mirror in the direction its meant to go with someone operating the switch....i.e."roll start". sometimes mirror elec contacts get "stuck" and this may gettem goin

:nuts:

#5 ·
Yeah had a look at the connections and all and found out the problem, the connector of the mirror switch wasn't quite connected and like what Botch said i found out that both the up panning didn't work so i figured it was teh switch str8 away. Now i have coloured mirrors that actually work woohoo. :p :p :p

AlbertM,
Try getting the actual mirror off the mirror housing and run the mirror to see if it works all directions, i found that if the mirror isn't secured properly it won't work in a particlaur direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.