Electric Question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2002, 06:59   #1 (permalink)

Electric Question

Couple of questions for you sparky's out there....

How would I make the interior light in my car dim, when all car doors are closed, mcuh the same way it does in an ED fairmont ghia, or any new luxury car? And then turn off when you turn the ignition on??

And also, How would you wire the front lights so that when you have them on, then turn the car off, and then open the door, they automatically switch on? But if you want them to stay on you turn the switch off, and then back on. Its a very cool feture that VS crummydores have. Not sure on AU's. Would it be with the use of some simple logic gates??

Cheers
Futura97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2002, 10:33   #2 (permalink)
known as tibbo

i'm no sparky but you can get a diimer kit for the interior light from jAYCAr
http://www.jaycar.com.au/

i'm not sure if this is any help but usefull link anyways
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 18:04   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at there website
Old 03-18-2002, 19:53   #4 (permalink)

Just bought my Interior light delay kit from jaycar and have a quick question. There are 2 different circuits you can build, Circuit A for door switches that connect to +12V(battery positive) or circuit B for those that switch to ground(battery negative or chassis) .

This has me little stumped. I assume it would be circuit A?

Cheers

BTW its an XF car.
Old 03-18-2002, 20:00   #5 (permalink)
known as tibbo

don't b shy just ring and ask em

mines still sitting beside me in a packet so can you let me know plz

thnx
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 21:43   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Open the bonnet and check which cable go's to ground at the battery..Neg ground I think??? CHECK!!!!!
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 05:18   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by ebxr8240
Open the bonnet and check which cable go's to ground at the battery..Neg ground I think??? CHECK!!!!!
Yeh i know -ve is ground but does the light operate by being grounded or +12v being fed to the light switch???
Old 03-19-2002, 06:37   #8 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

It might be harder than you think on later models some are integrated with Smartlock to the extend that if the bulb is blown the car won't start. But Fords usually have a switch between earth and the dome light. Easy to check take cover off light and try grounding both sides one at a time with a test lead if it lights up you know the answer.
Old 03-19-2002, 18:22   #9 (permalink)

Hey dude !
Im assuming that your installing this on your XF ???

If so, then there is no smartlock module, or BEM to worry about, (Unlike the Newer models :crazy1: )
Anyway, the Door trigger is negative on your model.

I cant remember the circuit exactly, (I installed the same thing on a VK Calais, and modded the circuit a little so as it would work with an alarm), But I think that all you need to do with the Jaycar cct is connect to
consant power, (Eg Interior lamp fuse),
Ground (Can be chassis etc),
and one door switch.

Thats is it ! Very sweet little cct. I must add.
While you are at it, check out underneath the floor wells for the front seats, (where you place your feet). You may notice that there are holes that you can place further bulbs/bulb holders, that were available for Fairmont Ghia's etc.
Bulb and holder should not cost you any more that $3.00 each from a wrecker, and make the car light up very nicely !!!

Cheers
Matt
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 01:37   #10 (permalink)
Ex Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussiblue
It might be harder than you think on later models some are integrated with Smartlock to the extend that if the bulb is blown the car won't start. But Fords usually have a switch between earth and the dome light. Easy to check take cover off light and try grounding both sides one at a time with a test lead if it lights up you know the answer.
My ef allways started with no bulb in the dome light, i took it out for those special moments in the back seat. and you wanted to get back in the front without climbing over seats.. or be seen...
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU