Electrical assistance required - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2002, 05:25   #1 (permalink)

Question Electrical assistance required

Hi All,

Hoping someone can assist with an electrical query. I have a Mongoose alarm model AM2000P that I want to incorporate with the Central Locking so I can make it remote. On the alarm box there is the following;

Purple - LOCK NO
White - LOCK NC
Green - LOCK COMMON
Orange - UNLOCK NO
Brown - UNLOCK NC
Blue - UNLOCK COMMON

I have found the wiring loom inside the kick panel on the drivers side, and there is a yellow wire that is constant 12v, and then two other wires which one becomes positive when the door is locked and the other when unlocked. Does anyone know what I need to do to hook this thing up so the remote button can activate the door locks ??

Thnx
mahery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2002, 05:21   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

What model Ford please?
BTW NC= Normally closed circuit.
NO= Normally open circuit.
Old 12-07-2002, 10:44   #3 (permalink)

Hi Blue,

Yeah that was a good mistake, its an EA '91 mod, 30th Ann edit. Any further help you can supply would be great. I'm at a little loss what to hook up with what and I don't really want to fry anything.

Cheers John
Old 12-08-2002, 00:25   #4 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

I will dig out some stuff and email it to you when I get minute (up to my arm pits in drive shaft problems at the moment). In the meantime have a look under car securityn then door locks here: http://www.the12volt.com/

Fords are a little different in how they work their central locking (5 wire reversed polarity I think - will check); I had to fit two additional relays to get my aftermarket alarm system to work and I have some comprehensive notes somewhere so I made so I could remember what the maze of wiring I needed was all about.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:29   #5 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Ok four wire reverse polarity. Yellow is 12 volt source for motor, black common earth, and red/yellow and yellow black are the two switch wires. earthing either of the last two cause the motor to operate and a) if it's unlocked lock it and b) if it locked open it. So you may be able to connect the two common green and blue wires to these two. If that doesn't work it time to get two relays that the mongoose system can use to earth the red yellow and yellow black wires. I will try and find time to scan the relevant circuit diagrams for yoy later in the week.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:40   #6 (permalink)

Hi Blue,

I certainly appreciate this. I'll try what you have suggested and let you know. Will I need to connect the yellow 12v source to anything, or just the two switch wires to the blue and green ? If you get a chance to scan the diags that would be great, don't want to put you out though. Thnx for the help, was starting to think this was never going to happen.

Cheers John
Old 12-10-2002, 07:13   #7 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

I have scanned the circuits so email at rossgould@excite.com so I can reply and attach them. The forum mail is down and they are too big to post.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:55   #8 (permalink)
Not as new anymore!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussiblue
red/yellow and yellow black are the two switch wires. earthing either of the last two cause the motor to operate and a) if it's unlocked lock it and b) if it locked open it.
Aussie. One of those to will cause it to open, the other to close. Do you know which way it is?

http://www.fordforums.com/gallery/sh...php?photo=1488
Benno4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 15:06   #9 (permalink)

Thanks Blue, have sent an email to you.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU