electrical issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2005, 05:09   #1 (permalink)

electrical issues

my 1985 ford LTD has dodgy electric windows that just dont work, how much can i expect to pay for new motors? can i put mechanical winders in with ease? also the central locking doesnt work, any idea what the usual problems with them are?
fatjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2005, 03:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: electrical issues

Don't like your chances of getting new motors! Best bet is to source them at a swap meet, wreckers or paper. It could also be the switches or wiring as well. Hot wire 12V to the motor to check if this is the problem.

If your central locking doesn't work, I'd assume that the driver's solenoid (I think this is the master) may be stuffed. Check that 12V is getting to it.
XWish Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:18   #3 (permalink)

Oh yeah, manual winders should go straight in. Be pretty cheap too. A pity to lose the fast glass though......
XWish Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:30   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWish Ute
Oh yeah, manual winders should go straight in. Be pretty cheap too. A pity to lose the fast glass though......
what bit is replaced for the manual winders? is it the whole window mechanism or just the little bit where the motor is? i can keep the same glass with winders?
fatjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU