electronic display problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2002, 11:19   #1 (permalink)
mickt

electronic display problem

My display is very faint. I have tried to make it brighter by using the switch but it still doesn't get any brighter. Anyone know what could be causing it to stay dim?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2002, 14:19   #2 (permalink)
The Goodz

Maybe the globes are burnt out? The globe isn't blown, it's burnt, the glass is like all black and dark... This happened in my trip computer, went very dim and then eventually blew. Try looking at the globes and replace them if necessary.

Alex
Old 04-21-2002, 16:38   #3 (permalink)
mickt

Thanx Goodz, turned out to be just a fuse. I pulled it out and put it back in and it was a-ok.
Old 05-03-2002, 21:56   #4 (permalink)
klomp

EB Ghia..LCD'S gone to lunch

Today I lost all lights to all LCD displays....for the life of me I cannot suss it out any ideas?
PS everything else is great just very hard to see speedo,trip meter,climate control,doors open map.....
Old 05-04-2002, 08:06   #5 (permalink)
Brent79

Re: EB Ghia..LCD'S gone to lunch

When i installed my ghia dash, i found the factory back-lit globes to be very dull... so i rewired the speedo and car outline globes to the ign power feed via a resistor... display is heaps brighter than standard.. looks good and the extra heat hasnt effected the dash in anyway :)

Brent
Old 05-07-2002, 15:48   #6 (permalink)
KLOMP

Re: EB Ghia..LCD'S gone to lunch

Hey MickT...which fuse?....I know all my fuses are Ok but perhaps the info will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU