Electronics, Trip Computer and Smart Lock. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2002, 02:06   #1 (permalink)

Electronics, Trip Computer and Smart Lock.

Hey,

I saw an NC ghia at the wreckers the other day, virtually untouched. I was wondering whetheranyone knew if the Trip Computer, Smart Lock, Elect. Windows, Climate Control are easily installable into an EA S? What alterations do i have to do, and or what do I need?
Falcon_Spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2002, 03:38   #2 (permalink)

You need to change the wiring loom in the dash and I think the plugs on the wiring that goes through the firewall are different and wont fit the later model dash loom, dont know what else you need though.
cogo_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 18:10   #3 (permalink)
EB wagon

Well... all the extra things on a ghia will go into an S easily...
Some items are harder than others... U need basic electronic skills to get thru it tho...

Trip computer needs a new loom, and u need to run 3 additional wires to various parts of yer dash.

Power windows requires u to actually run all the wires yerself thru doors and under dash, etc... u also need to drill out the manual regulators (pop rivets) and screw in the new ones.

Climate control requires a fair bit if fiddling around and alot of new rewiring.

Smartlock i havent done coz i brought a mongoose instead :)

Brent
EB1 3.9L MPI Falcon Wagon with converted T5 / Pacemaker & 2.5" Redback sports exhaust / 2" lowered blocks at the rear, Kings lows up front / ED Tickford Head and Cam / K&N panel filter with XH intake Snorkel / Full EL Fairmont interior with woodgrain

89 EA1 3.9L TBI Falcon Sedan with 3 speed auto / currently being upgraded...
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 23:39   #4 (permalink)
TOC TAS Secretary

its really not that bad. aslong as you get all the looms out of the wrecked car it would be ok.

now in saying that you do need to be aware of the changes in models.

i did a full climate control, trip computer, fairmont bcm and power windows in my xr6. but it had to all be out of an eb11 or ed. i couldnt use any ea stuff.

so to make ur life a bit easyer i would be looking for a wrecked ea fairmont or fairmont ghia to ge the gear out of.

also, i had to change the heater box for the climate control and the full dash loom. all the other wiring was allready there in my car for power windows etc.

hope this helps a bit
Tim

"Pressing your F1 key will not put you on the RACE TRACK"
EDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Interior | Electrical | ECU