Ford Forums banner

Fitting Fog Lamps / Driving lights

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  AUIIIXR6VCT 
G
#1 ·
Well i want to fit a set of Hella Fog lamps on my AUIII XR6 in the two holes in hte front bumper, my only problem is mounting them. Has anyone put a set of foggies or driving lamps in there and how did you attach them?

G
#3 ·
Yeh i was reading that one JCV8, but my question is, how do i put the wholes in the plastic to screw them into, because i cant get a drill anywhere near the back of them ducts.

Im getting Ford to wire them up, because im hopeless, but i want to fit them to the bar first.

#4 ·
Doh. I used a small flat blade screw driver to gouge out/make the inital hole, then just used a 10mm drill bit by hand to enlarge the hole. You only have to get through about 3 or 4 mm of plastic, but it still took about 10 or 15 mins per hole!

Of course if you are going to mount them in any of the metal parts behind the bumper, you will need to remove the front bar to do this.

G
#5 ·
yeh, i dunno if to put them on or not, im sick of spending money on a car that is depreciating by the second, but i know if i put them on they will be those new oval hella ones, the look like they are good quality and wont have to be touched once on there.

#6 ·
JCV8 said:

Of course if you are going to mount them in any of the metal parts behind the bumper, you will need to remove the front bar to do this.
I mounted my lights in behind the bumper so they sit inbehind the opening, taking up the whole intake.
All I did was remove the lower cover and got in behind the bar with the car on ramps, took me all of 10 minute to do the both sides. No need to remove the bar.

G
#7 ·
Yeh, i wish the bloody things came factory fitted with them, but neways now i have to decided whether i want the driving light(highbeam) model or the fog light model. I cant really see the use in the Fog lights, and i dunno whether the little driving lights would be any good.

ehhhhhhhhhhhh i dunno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.