Ford Forums banner

Fitting Interior Light Timer Fade out to EA

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  back2thefutura 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has fitted the interior light timer fade out to their EA's.
Did any of the Falcon range actually come out with it and is it easy to install?

#3 ·
Im pretty sure all fairmont ghias(EA-EL-AU) had it. And my futura also has it. I think its all part of the BEM, so it will be quite difficult to "swap" a gli one with a ghia one...

There is, however, a kit you can get from jaycars for around $10-$11 which you assemble yourself. Theres two different circuits you can build, and I heard that for e series, you need to build the negative triggered version.

I had one in my XF, but it never functioned properly and when it did work, there was always a little flash of the light when the doors shut and the circuit kicked in. Not very factory like for my likings so I removed it.

#4 ·
What model EA have you got? GL's didnt come with a Central controler (know in EB series 2 up as BEM) and from what I have seen of GL wiring it is difficult to wire Central controler (I have wired Central locking,Power Mirrors and Trip Computer into my brothers GL) Unfortunately the GL isnt like the old XD - XF 's in terms of wiring loom in those models if you wanted an extra option it usually meant just pluging it in but the GL's wiring loom is very basic the loom that runs thru dash has a lot less wires compared to Ghia.

#5 ·
guy's i have an ea spak with this module but today i think it blow as everything else works in the car but the key light and if i earth it. it works..sort of like a fuse in the earth line has blown.. do they have a fuse or am i looking in the wrong area..

#8 ·
got no idea, but the freaky thing is, my EF GLi fades out if i unlock the car (the lights comes on) and if i don't get in, the light will fade out after a while, but if i get in and wait for it to go off, it just turns off!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.